Internal Audit Manager
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) is working with a leading London Markets Insurance business to assist in their search for an Internal Audit Manager which is part of additional headcount for the team, due to organic growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity for either a senior auditor in the insurance / FS industry looking to step up into a manager role or a qualified auditor looking for their first move into a commercial internal audit role.
Working across multiple audits and providing wider oversight for clients, you will be in a position to challenge governance from a wider group perspective.
There are multiple progression routes on offer, and you will join a social and collaborative audit function.
- Manage (independently) and / or perform internal audits in accordance with the Annual Audit Plan.
- Assist in managing audits (end-to-end) being performed as part of the Annual Audit Plan by co-sourced partners - liaising with co-source providers, employees and managed syndicates as necessary.
- Attending audit committees with the Head of Internal Audit to ensure informative and timely reporting. You may be required to present and respond to Audit Committee, senior management and client queries.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in maintaining the documented audit universe and drafting of an annual audit plan (that is aligned to the key risks and strategic priorities of the business).
- Support the Head of IA in maintaining and continuously improving the IA methodology and processes, including committee reporting.
- Co-operate with other managers involved in corporate governance, compliance and risk management functions to ensure effective coordination of all assurance functions both during the formulation of annual assurance plans and on an ongoing basis.
- 4 years + audit experience (ideally with some experience in internal audit) in the UK, ideally with exposure to London Markets Insurance
- Qualifications such as ACA, ACCA and IIA or of benefit but not a prerequisite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including reporting writing), with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Highly organized, including effective time management / planning skills.
- Sociable, collaborative and a team player.
- Good self-motivation and ability to be adaptable to a changing environment, with a willingness to get involved in whatever tasks need doing for the good of the team.
- Ability to identify wider issues in respect of matters arising by reference to knowledge of the business and the insurance market. Ability to adapt to the challenges of both the changing syndicate base managed by Asta and the surrounding business environment.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment (ARRC) – Experts in audit and risk recruitment.