Internal Controls Project Lead (SOX)
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) is working with a FTSE 250 business based in London (West End) to assist in their search for a Project Controls Lead as the business prepares for UK SOX regulations. They work in a hybrid manner and attend the office 1 -2 times per week.
**This is an 18-month fixed term contract so the position will suit an individual looking for some stability whilst offering the opportunity to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment**
The role is positioned to offer unrivalled exposure to all parts of the business (finance, technology, special projects, operations) as you will be advising senior stakeholders around current underlying controls and how this may be impacted by new regulations.
- Develop methodology and approach for enhancing financial and broader entity controls that are compliant with the new government requirements. Bring together relevant group-wide control activities under one assurance and reporting methodology: including entity-level controls, IT, Finance and data controls (with respect to finance systems)
- Evaluate potential implementation of an appropriate tool to manage controls compliance
- Lean-in on controls design, training and comms on controls, reporting and tracking of control deficiencies, as well as set up and running of a Controls Oversight Group.
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders across Finance, Tech, Data, Legal/CoSec, Risk, People, Commercial teams and with other Group entities to ensure we are compliant.
- QA of deliverables from other functions to ensure a consistent standard and alignment with the methodology.
- Work with the Risk team to ensure financial controls dovetail with overall Group controls framework and work underway to mature operational and compliance controls.
- Significant experience of controls project implementations such as SOX or COSO with exposure to broader controls requirements beyond finance (such as IT, Entity and Data).
- Experience of working in a UK regulatory environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to present to executive level stakeholders.
- Project management experience to deliver to timelines and set up/support governance and oversight activities (e.g. running the Controls Oversight Group).
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills to bring together disparate functions under one methodology.
- Experience of implementing GRC tools.
- Experience of digital businesses.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment (ARRC) – Experts in audit and risk recruitment.
More searches like this
- Compliance Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Sarbanes-Oxley Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom