Are you a competent and avid user of Power Bi? And do you want work for an organisation that cares about the work-life balance of its workforce as well as offering structured personal development and progression opportunities? Then this exciting opportunity to influence the Finance Community at a Director General level, could be just for you!
We are a small, and vitally important, team of 15 who deliver an efficient and effective performance management service to senior leaders. We provide this at the highest levels, supporting decision making for c.4000 people.
Reporting to a Senior Performance Lead, you will assist with the design, development and implementation of risk and performance reporting within a new digital environment (Power Bi.)
You’ll use your analytical skills to interpret, investigate and generate data to support decision making in the Chief Finance Officer and Chief People Officer customer groups in HMRC. This is a hybrid-working role and you will be required to visit your home office at the above stated locations at least 40% of your working week.
This role will offer an outstanding view of the whole Department and how it operates internally, as well as the role it plays in supporting wider organisation objectives.
We offer you the opportunity to:
- Support the design, development, and implementation of the One-Hub vision using Power Bi
- Support delivery of the monthly Hub and Metric cycle, as we provide quarterly insight and analysis of metrics and hubs for senior leaders
- Effectively communicate with customers, data providers and stakeholders to build strong relationships
- Leading Continuous Improvement of Metrics and Hubs
- Deputising/supporting facilitation of Deputy Director and Director Hubs
- Project management of Continuous Improvement activity
In this critical operational delivery role, you will:
- Support the team in implementing new ways of working, using advancements in digital approaches, such as Microsoft Power Bi, O365 and SharePoint, towards our OneHub vision.
- Make large and/or complex data more accessible, understandable, and usable, depending on the business requirement. You will need to be able to easily communicate complex ideas.
- Project manage Hub and Metric improvements, scoping project with customer, agreeing timelines, milestones, and resourcing, tracking through to completion.
- Supply a range of senior leaders with monthly dashboard metrics; used by senior leaders to make sound evidence-based decisions and drive informed action.
- Interpret Key Performance Indicators translating them into simple, easy to understand, customer-made professional visuals in conjunction with business owners.
- Strong Power Bi skills – connecting to data sources to build reports and dashboards.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%