Deputy Head of Internal Audit
Astrum Search is working with a UK based transport and infrastructure business to recruit a Deputy Head of Internal Audit.
The business is going through a large amount of change, and the internal audit team is heavily involved in providing assurance over this ongoing change. The Deputy Head of Internal Audit role is a highly strategic role and will work closely with the Head of Internal Audit to further develop the internal audit team, their capabilities and reputation in the organisation.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit to implement the vision and strategy for the function
- Assist in developing the annual audit plan, working closely with the Head of Internal Audit and Internal Audit Managers
- Provide advisory support and training to the business to improve the maturity of the control environment
- Maintain the quality of audits and the internal audit staff by developing ongoing training for the team
- Own the audit methodology, including suggestions for improvements, and support the team with any audit queries
- Manage resourcing and finances for the department, including co-source providers
- Develop key KPIs and reports including Audit & Risk Committee papers
- Deputise for the Head of Internal Audit when required.
Skills & Experience:
- Fully qualified internal or external auditor (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIA etc)
- Extensive internal audit experience in a complex environment
- Significant written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience of developing and delivering internal audit training
- Proven track record in helping develop audit methodology and quality assurance within internal audit.
This is a highly strategic role in a growing team. There is significant opportunity to make improvements to the internal audit function and more junior members in the team.
The role is based in my clients Central London HQ. There is a flexible working policy and will be required to be office based 2-3 days per week.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Travel & Hospitality £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Head of Department Travel & Hospitality £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Director Travel & Hospitality £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Senior Manager Travel & Hospitality £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom