Senior Internal Auditor
Locations: Birkenhead, Croydon, Coventry, Durham, Weymouth, Gloucester, Kingston upon Hull, Leicester, Nottingham, Peterborough, Plymouth, Warton, Swansea, Telford.
Salary: £39,516 (Croydon £43,151)
This role also attracts a non-pensionable allowance in addition to the base salary, dependent on qualification (£4k CMIIA/£8k for relevant Accountancy qualification)
About the job
It is an exciting time for HM Land Registry (HMLR) as we continue on a major transformation programme. HMLR's ambition is to become the world’s leading land registry for speed, simplicity and an open approach to data.
If you are a qualified Internal Auditor or Accountant with experience and skills in helping the business to understand and manage risks, along with ensuring exemplary standards of governance, control and assurance issues, we would love to hear from you.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to undertake complex audits, and a variety of work across all parts of the organisation including contact with senior management. You will work alongside other experienced Senior Internal Auditors, from a range of sectors and audit backgrounds, in a friendly and supportive team. There is a strong commitment to continual professional education and wider professional development.
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will play a vital role in the delivery of assurance services to support HMLR. You will report to one of the Senior Internal Audit Managers and support the Head of Internal Audit in delivering the organisation’s internal audit services, providing assurance to the Chief Executive and Audit and Risk Committee on the effectiveness of the organisation’s governance and risk management.
You will conduct a wide range of audits across the organisation, using knowledge and experience to deliver quality audit findings and build positive relationships.
You will undertake all aspects of the audit assignment, identifying key risks and assessing the design and operating effectiveness of processes and controls. You will draft clear, factual audit reports for approval and distribution; making relevant, pragmatic recommendations that add value to the organisation.
You will undertake additional activities which may include supporting managers throughout the organisation by responding to ad hoc advisory work and through membership of boards, panels and/or committees, and will contribute to the development of the internal audit service, plan and procedures.
Keeping abreast of both technical and professional developments, including maintaining Continuing Professional education (CPE) requirements is also required.
Please note that this role will require occasional travel to HMLR offices.
Where an individual taking up the responsibility will be based in Swansea Office, the ability to speak Welsh is desirable.
You need to demonstrate full current membership of a recognised professional accountancy/audit body as below:
- Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors UK & Ireland
- Other Institutes of Internal Auditors that are part of IIA Global
- Accountancy - Fully qualified, current member of one of the five CCAB bodies (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS and Chartered Accountants Ireland) or CIMA.
You wlll be able to demonstrate recent internal audit experience, with a strong audit and assurance knowledge and expertise. You will be an effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills (especially report writing) and will be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate key messages succinctly to senior leaders. You will have a strong analytical approach to information and data, with effective problem solving skills. You will be able to influence others, in a professional working environment and demonstrate the ability to work across all levels within an organisation.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Communicating and Influencing
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors UK & Ireland • Other Institutes of Internal Auditors that are part of IIA Global OR • Accountancy - Fully Qualified, current member of one of the five CCAB bodies (listed in the job description or CIMA).
At HM Land Registry our vision is a world leading property market as part of a thriving economy and a sustainable future. We are unique in terms of the economic and social impacts of our work, our ability to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers, our sense of mission, and our great people. They are the foundation of all we have achieved and all we aspire to in the future. We want our people to feel proud to work for HM Land Registry and able to fulfil their full potential.
We have a strong and positive culture, a commitment to inclusivity, an emphasis on continuous learning and development, and flexible ways of working. We offer competitive pay and annual leave, attractive pension options and a wide range of other benefits.
- We have integrity – we value honesty, trust and doing the right thing in the right way.
- We drive innovation – we are forward-thinking, embrace change and are continually improving our processes.
- We are professional – we value and grow our knowledge and professional expertise.
- We give assurance – we guarantee our services and provide confidence to the property market.
For more information on the role and to apply, please click the 'Apply' button.
More searches like this
- Assurance Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Corporate Auditor Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Internal Audit Senior Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Governance & GRC Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)