Senior Internal Auditor
- Reading, Berkshire
- 03 Jan 2023
- 02 Feb 2023
- Paul Clutton
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Retail, Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 25-50% Travel
Our client, a financial services company with a good portfolio of products, seeks a Senior Internal Auditor for its corporate audit team. Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit and working as part of a small team, you will help in the planning, scoping and delivery of internal audits across the UK business covering finance, operations and regulated areas of the organisation. You will assess the effectiveness of controls, helping communicate potential weaknesses and work with the business to ensure that mitigating actions are taken to reduce risk.
In this position, you will be assist in building and maintaining strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, helping to promote open discussion and commitment to problem solving.
Applicants should hold an accounting or internal audit qualification and have proven post-qualification audit experience gained within a top-tier firm, general insurance or wider financial services sector. Excellent communication and influencing skills are key, as is the ability to work well as part of a team as well as on specific projects.
Due to the nature of the role, 30-40% travel to other operational sites across the UK will be required.
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Qualified accountant or auditor - ACA, CA, ACCA, CMIIA, CIA or equivalent
- Post-qualification audit experience in practice or industry
- Knowledge gained in financial services would be beneficial
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Familiarity with IIA Standards and the CIIA Code
- A risk-based and business process focused audit approach
- Strong report writing skills
- Highly organised with excellent planning/ prioritising skills and ability to work on own initiative to tight deadlines
- Flexibility to travel 30-40% in the UK