Senior Regulatory Manager
- Jefferson Tiley
- Skipton / East Riding of Yorkshire / Lancashire / Homeworking
- £70000 - £73000 per annum + Strong benefits package
- 05 Jan 2023
- 04 Feb 2023
- Claire Tiley
- Job Type
- Advisory, Compliance & Regulation, Compliance, Regulation
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 0-25% Travel
My client is a global corporation with UK interests in retail lending and financial services.
Due to an internal promotion, we are assisting with the recruitment for a Senior Regulatory Compliance Manager to work in an advisory capacity within their retail financial services business. This is a critical hire and you will report directly into the Head of Compliance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the day to day compliance oversight activities, by supporting the business in relation to building and developing effective internal stakeholder relationships.
- Providing advice and guidance to all business areas to support statutory and regulatory requirements and best practice standards.
- This is a role that demands strong communication skills as you will work with the business and stakeholders to discuss regulatory change and issues in an accurate and confident way. This may include challenging the business on their views.
- You will work with the business to ensure any regulatory risks are addressed and mitigated and will take the lead on any related discussions. You will be responsible for providing appropriate oversight/approval of any requests which may have regulatory risks associated with it.
In addition, you will also provide Compliance support on projects such as major change initiatives, regulatory change, new client take on and remediation. This will include:
- Provide advice to the business on regulation to ensure compliant delivery of change.
- Regular attendance at project meetings
- Review of RAID logs
Applicants must have experience in one or more of the following:
- MCOB / CONC/ SYSC / DISP/ PRIN / SUP / OFCOM / Irish Mortgage Regulation and commercial lending.
This is a highly visible team and the role would suit someone ambitious who is keen to add value in real terms to the business. The team of 5 work from home with occasional (once every 6-8 weeks) team days in the Yorkshire based offices.
The successful candidate will ideally have compliance advisory experience gained from within retail financial services coupled with strong relationship management skills.
Interviews will take place remotely.
Please click to apply