4 days left
- Full Time
HW Fisher LLP is a top 25 UK chartered accountancy firm. We are a commercially astute organisation with a personal, partner-led service aimed at entrepreneurial small and medium enterprises (SMEs), large corporates, Not for Profit organisations and high-net worth individuals.
Our clients come from many different backgrounds and are active in all branches of commerce and industry. Our reputation is grounded in quality, delivering premium advisory services efficiently and cost-effectively.
Founded in 1933, the practice comprises 26 partners and approximately 280 staff supplying a range of services spanning audit, corporate taxation, private client services, VAT and forensic accounting, together with a range of sector groups offering specialist industry knowledge.
We act as auditors for organisations of every type and size. Our clients are active in all branches of commerce and industry, ranging from substantial corporations to small businesses in a variety of sectors, including but not limited to restaurants and hospitality, property, media, technology and entertainment. Although we are above all a commercially minded firm, we also act for many charities, trade unions, trade associations, professional societies and other organisations in the not for profit sector.
As well as the statutory audit, we also conduct internal audits for a growing number of organisations.
We require a newly qualified ACA, ideally with first time passes, and who has trained within a practice for at least 3 years. You will be a good team player, able to lead large audits and possess good organisational, planning, and delegation skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts in line with UK GAAP/FRS102
- Reporting to an audit manager and/or Partner and being responsible for the planning and execution of the audits (which cover a wide range of client types and sizes) in accordance with the International Auditing Standards
- Working within budget and bringing the audits to completion
- Ensuring client expectations are managed accordingly
- Supervising audit trainees, reviewing their work, assisting with their development and dealing with their performance evaluations
- Drafting corporate tax computations
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Proven audit experience with a wide range of clients
- Proficient technical ability
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills, including leading jobs on-site
- A proven ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Additionally, it would be desirable to possess knowledge and experience in software packages including PROaudit, AP, Alphatax, Excel, Word, and Outlook, although training will be provided on these.
- Salary: Competitive
- Group Life Cover
- 22 days holiday on commencement
- Buying and Selling Holiday Scheme
- PHI (Permanent Health Insurance)
- Contributory Private Health Scheme
- Non-Contributory Health Cash Plan
- Season Ticket Loan (after qualifying period)
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Discounted Tastecard
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle voucher scheme
Apply for Audit Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly