NAS Financial Reporting Senior Manager
- Grant Thornton UK LLP
- London, Nottingham, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Leicester
- Competitive + Benefits
- 09 Jan 2023
- 08 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Assurance, Audit Consultant, External Audit Senior Manager, Other
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Business & Management Consultancy, Financial Services, Professional Services
- Contract Type
More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
FINANCIAL REPORTING SENIOR MANAGER, Any UK office location
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
The National Assurance Services (“NAS”) team is the firm's centre of technical excellence for assurance and financial reporting. Drawing on our strong relationships with regulators, standard setters and the people in our firm, we provide innovative, practical and robust solutions to auditing and financial reporting matters that support audit engagement teams with the delivery of high-quality audits.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As a Financial Reporting Senior Manager within our NAS, Financial Reporting Team, you will:
- Perform hot reviews of financial statements and respond to accounting technical queries, including second reviewing hot reviews and queries performed by other members of the team
- Always ensure output is high quality and be able to articulate complex accounting concepts simply and persuade others of your views
- Invest time to develop and maintain strong financial reporting skills in IFRS and UK GAAP, whilst maintaining a good range of knowledge on broader corporate reporting requirements (as relevant to the UK)
- Play an active role in our team and share experience and knowledge
- Manage and coach less experienced managers and contribute to the smooth running of the department
- Work in line with the firm's CLEARR values, of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as a Financial Reporting Senior Manager, the minimum criteria you’ll need is a professional qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA) with previous experience of working in a similar role within an accountancy practice and have in-depth knowledge of IFRS and/or UK GAAP. It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Continuous learning and development of technical skills
- Manages own time and completes multiple tasks/assignments with potentially competing deadlines
- Experience of developing and mentoring staff, supports continuous learning and development
- Collaborative worker who develops a team that delivers
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Senior Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom