- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- 10 Jan 2023
- 09 Feb 2023
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Business & Management Consultancy, Financial Services, Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 25-50% Travel
Audit & Assurance Director, ACA or ACCA Qualified, RI
Birmingham, West Midlands
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Do you want to be part of an international family whose vision is “To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day”? If yes, then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you're in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together.
Our motto when it comes to career development is “Your Journey, Your Voice, Your Success".
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees is what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can not only collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We're looking for someone who wants to join a family of like-minded individuals and be more than just a team member.
As a Director in our Birmingham Audit Team you will work hand in hand with the Partner to lead and manage a highly successful, engaged and vibrant audit team in the delivery of a portfolio of predominantly corporate SME clients. As RI signing off the audit report you will be the clients key point of contact with Azets and will take pride in providing proactive advice to owner managers, FD’s and MD’s, thereby acting as the clients trusted business adviser. You will oversee all aspects of client engagement assuming overall responsibility for allocating work, and ensuring client service is maintained at a high level.
The Birmingham Audit Team has expanded substantially in the past 18 months with no plan to slow things down, and so this rare opportunity has no ceilings with a clearly marked out route to Partner in the future.
You will be an advocate for always enhancing audit quality, whilst simultaneously taking an active lead role in business development to ensure the highly ambitious growth targets of the team are achieved.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of UK GAAP and be ACA or ACCA qualified or a fellow FCA/FCCA. A strong knowledge of IFRS would also be beneficial, but is not essential given the mix of the existing client base. You'll have experience of auditing clients within a variety of industries and the ability to manage a large portfolio of SME clients, whilst providing coaching and mentoring to the wider team.
"You will be joining a forward-thinking, progressive office with a supportive and friendly atmosphere. The role provides an exciting opportunity for a talented Associate Director or Director to become involved in a diverse and interesting client portfolio. We are looking to expand our team to support our firm’s growth plans over the next 5 years. This is a great opportunity to develop your own career with future promotion opportunities to Partner available in the future. "
Skills & experience
- 33 days annual leave (31 for Students with study package and 38 for Partners) inc. bank holidays
- Birthday Day off
- Lead Incentive Scheme (applicable to up to and including Associate Director level)
- We offer generous financial rewards for helping Azets to grow our new client portfolio.
- Reimbursement of one professional subscription each year
- Private Medical Cover (applicable to Director/Partner level)
- Enhanced Parental + Family leave - We want Azets to be a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 3 months, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility) and our Adoption Leave policy follows the same arrangements.
- Flexible Working - Azets understand that as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day and therefore we operate a flexible working policy.
- Life Assurance - 4 times salary
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Benefits Portal
- Access to our YuLife wellbeing app – Includes EAP, 24/7 GP access, retail vouchers and discounts, free digital will writing, discounted gym memberships etc.
- Paid sick leave
- Career Coaching
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program - For you and your family.
- Dress for your day
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities and Study Support
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We're looking for people who also believe in these drivers as we work together to achieve success for both our colleagues and our clients alike. As a business, we believe we are stronger together. We share knowledge, ask for help and empower each other to achieve more collectively. We are open-minded and value everyone’s contribution, embracing our differences and fostering a culture of trust and inclusion. We look for people who adapt quickly to change, finding smart ways to deliver the best results and remain one step ahead. Does this sound like you?
The relationship that we have with our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us as a business. Your voice is important to us. Attracting and retaining the right people who will deliver the level of service that our clients expect is key to both our and your success.
We offer training and development opportunities to all employees and nurture talent from all backgrounds. This helps us to grow our own and bring out the very best in people.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Senior Manager Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Partner Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom