- Sellafield Ltd
- Warrington / Flexible
- 10 Jan 2023
- 31 Jan 2023
- Job Type
- Assurance, Business / Corporate Auditor, Compliance & Regulation, Compliance, Investigations, Internal Auditor
- Employer Sector
- Engineering & Electronics, Logistics & Transport, Mining, Oil, Gas & Energy, Scientific
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Fantastic Opportunity to Get Involved in Interesting and Complex Audits
- Join a Restructured Team with Great Progression
About Our Client
Sellafield are a large multi-function nuclear site close to Seascale on the coast of Cumbria, England who have office in Warrington. Their primary activities are nuclear waste processing and storage and nuclear decommissioning.
- Lead / support detailed internal audit reviews, to evaluate and challenge the quality and implementation of management policies, processes and procedures. Provide assurance as to the adequacy of internal controls and risk management.
- Conduct ad hoc reviews / investigations as required, including supporting the investigation of frauds and irregularities in accordance with Company policies and procedures and UK / European Law in order to prevent and detect fraud, bribery and corruption.
- Support risk and control awareness training in the business. Delivered via an annual, Audit Committee approved, programme of workshops and bi-monthly training sessions to all areas of the business.
- Identify commercial and practical solutions to control issues, make recommendations, and produce and present reports to the business.
- Encourage, monitor and report on the implementation of actions arising from reviews.
- Proactively identify potential areas for further review within the business throughout the year.
- Build constructive and effective relationships with the business.
- Proactively recommend improvements to departmental processes.
- Take responsibility for aspects of the Internal Audit Management System as required.
- Take responsibility for own personal development and agree development opportunities.
AUTHORITIES & DIMENSIONS
- Unrestricted access to all the organisation's activities, records, assets, physical property and personnel necessary for the proper discharge of its responsibilities.
- Identify commercial and practical solutions to identified control weaknesses, make recommendations and prepare /oversee the development of thorough, well-organised, unbiased and factual internal audit/investigative reports for dissemination to management, the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee, law enforcement and related third parties, as applicable holding management to account in progressing identified process, procedure, control improvements.
- Undertake audits across Sellafield Ltd, including undertaking joint audits with the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) where required. Audit reviews cover specialisms such as Corporate Governance, Enterprise Risk Management, Programme and Project Management, Commercial, Finance, Security & Resilience, Information Services Organisation and the People Function.
The Successful Applicant
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Degree - Business Degree / Finance Degree.
- Professional Qualification (Chartered Accountant (ACA) or Chartered Auditor (CIA).
- Demonstrable post qualified relevant audit experience (PQE).
- Advanced skills in governance, risk management and internal control practices, including proficient skills in data analytics
- Strong stakeholder management skills able to influence key internal stakeholders
- Ability to effectively prioritise within an environment of conflicting demands.
- Advanced knowledge of legislative and policy frameworks and working within these; for example, fraud, bribery and corruption i.e. Government Standards etc.
- Results driven and action orientated
- Resilient, tenacious and self-starter
- Given the particular focus of the SL Corporate Internal Audit function, professional audit experience in programme and project management is desirable (Management of Portfolios (MOP) / Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) / PRINCE 2) is desirable), along with relevant training and experience in commercial contracting.
- Experience in undertaking forensic audits and investigations
- Prior experience working in a matrix management environment, able to evidence strong collaborative working
What's on Offer
The successful Internal Auditor will recieve;
- Competitive salary,
- Excellent Benefits package,
- Flexible working
Please apply for more details.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCNJN1120225856211Z
Closing Date: 31/01/2023
More searches like this
- Assurance Scientific £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business / Corporate Auditor Scientific £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance Scientific £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Auditor Scientific £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Scientific £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom