Management Information Analyst
- Cambridge University Press & Assessment
- Cambridge / Hybrid
- £40,000 - £53,500
- 11 Jan 2023
- 29 Jan 2023
- Job Type
- Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Science
- Employer Sector
- Education, Training & Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Management Information Analyst
Location: Whittlesford & hybrid working
We are Cambridge University Press & Assessment, a world-leading academic publisher and assessment organisation and a proud part of the University of Cambridge.
We are currently recruiting for an additional Management Information Analyst to join an established team within Group Print & Operations. The Analytics and Automation Team operates a request-based system to provide the link between business need and technological capability to deliver solutions in direct response to issues identified by SMEs across GPaO and the wider organisation.
About the role
Working in a small, close-knit team of experts, the role blends a high level of business process understanding and cutting-edge technical skills to achieve 3 main deliverables:
- To Develop and Deliver low or no-cost Process Improvement solutions through utilisation of automation tools such as PowerAutomate, PowerApps, SharePoint and other M365 applications for GPaO and the wider organisation,
- To Develop and Deliver effective Management Information visualisations to interpret and provide clarity to enable effective decision making for GPaO and the wider organisation,
- To act as consultants to the wider organisation on the deliverables mentioned above, providing expert insight, advice and guidance to other Operational and Analytical teams.
The overall aim of this role is to make work easier and more efficient for others across the Business. Due to its nature, the work is wide-ranging and varied, so the role presents an excellent opportunity to practice and demonstrate your skills.
- You will have significant demonstratable experience and advanced proficiency in Data Visualisation and Automation tools such as (ex. PowerBI, Microsoft PowerApps, Formstack)
- You will also be fully conversant with programming languages such as DAX / SQL / PLSQL / IronPython / M Query
- Knowledge of Supply Chain processes, techniques, and management tools (MRP, Demand and Supply Planning, Inventory Management, Operations) advantageous.
- A working knowledge of process mapping / Lean Six methodologies advantageous
- Knowledge of operational processes within Product Groups advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Open-minded approach to problem solving – many solutions we develop have never been achieved before within the Organisation
- Ability to work independently with full autonomy in decision-making
Rewards and benefits
We will support you to be at your best in work and to live well outside of it. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a world-class, flexible rewards package, featuring family-friendly and planet-friendly benefits including:
- Group personal pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Life assurance up to 4 x annual salary
- Private medical and Permanent Health Insurance
- Green travel schemes
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
We also offer flexible and hybrid working options from day one. We will consider any work arrangements if you wish to work flexibly or require adjustments due to a disability.
Ready to pursue potential? Apply now.
We review applications on an ongoing basis, with a closing date for all applications being 29 January 2023 and interviews are scheduled to take place the week commencing 6 February 2023.
Please note that successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory background checks including DBS due to working in a regulated industry.
Why join us
Joining us is your opportunity to pursue potential. You'll belong to a collaborative team that's exploring new and better ways to serve students, teachers and researchers across the globe – for the benefit of individuals, society and the world. Sharing our mission will inspire your own growth, development and progress, in an environment which embraces difference, change and aspiration.
Cambridge University Press & Assessment is committed to being a place where anyone can enjoy a successful career, where everyone has a voice, and where we learn continuously to improve together. Ensuring that everyone feels they belong is essential to who we are, and to the contribution we make to society and our planet.
We believe better outcomes come through diversity of thought, background and approach. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and communities, actively seeking to employ people from a wide range of different communities.
More searches like this
- Analytics Education, Training & Recruitment £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Education, Training & Recruitment £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business Intelligence Education, Training & Recruitment £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Science Education, Training & Recruitment £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom