(Senior) Risk Officer – Mandate Management
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Luxembourg (LU)
- Grade 5/6
- 13 Jan 2023
- 09 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Risk, Risk Management
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Financial Services, Fund Management, Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Group Risk & Compliance Directorate (GR&C-RM), Credit & Climate Risk Department (CCRD), Mandates, Pricing and Support Division (MPS), Mandate Management Unit (MMU), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Risk Officer – Mandate Management (*). This is a full time position at grade 5/6 for which the EIB offers a permanent contract.
The term “Mandates” comprises both the investment portfolios managed by the EIB from third party resources or with a benefit of the third party guarantee protection. In general, the mandates support a broad scope of public policy goals, have a very high risk tolerance, and are targeted at supporting innovative financing structures and/or underserved market segments.
As (Senior) Risk Officer in MMU, you will coordinate, manage and provide Risk Management (RM)’s input into the design, implementation and management of mandates, including those received from European Commission and other third parties as well as those given by the Bank to the European Investment Fund (EIF), in line with the Bank’s risk management framework.
Reporting to the Head of the Mandate Management Unit, you will develop a strong, positive working relationship with colleagues across the Department and RM, and with other transversal teams including notably Front office lending, Portfolio Management and Monitoring, Legal, Financial Control, and the General Secretariat, as well as with the EIF.
- Ensure the development, implementation and on-going improvement of mandate-related initiatives and projects, for example:
- Act as a central RM point of contact for the development and implementation of new mandates and the ongoing management of existing ones including regular amendments to the applicable risk management framework
- Ensure proper application of the risk management framework applicable to the high risk operations as well as contribute to the design of revised risk management frameworks to accommodate new mandatory requirements such as those foreseen under the 2021-2027 MFF
- Coordinate and provide RM’s input and opinion on all risk-related issues concerning the mandates granted from EIB to EIF and contribute to Group risk discussions
- Coordinate RM input into any mandate related audit, evaluation, data and reporting request (incl. compilation and verification of info/data, consultation with the relevant RM teams, preparation of briefings/summary notes, etc.)
- Manage and deal with all risk related topics and provide input for RM opinions to Management Committee notes under your responsibility, and represent CCRD in inter-Department projects and/or working groups related to the Unit’s responsibility
- Develop and promote appropriate communications, in particular to the attention of the Management Committee and the Board, and also within the GR&C-Risk Management Directorate
- Provide input to ad-hoc analyses and written communications on specific matters to Senior management or external bodies.
- University degree, preferably in Finance / Economics or other relevant subject
- Significant relevant experience gained in a financial institution, an EU institution, an international organisation, a development bank/institution or in consulting, of which at least 5 years in credit risk management, financial analysis and/or a field comparable to an EIB mandate
- Experience of working in multiple business areas will be considered an advantage
- Proven ability to interact effectively with senior management and stakeholders
- Good project management and problem-solving skills with ability to coordinate multiple tasks across various stakeholders
- Good understanding of the EIB’s mission, policies, procedures, organisation and activities (including mandate-related activities)
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and oral) and/or French (*), with a good command of the other.
Find out more about EIB core competencies via the 'Apply' button.
(*) Unless stated explicitly as a required qualification, a good command of French is not a pre-requisite for hire. As both English and French are however official working languages of the EIB, proficiency in both languages is a pre-requisite for your future career development. Any language clause in your contract must be fulfilled in order for you to be eligible for a promotion (either via the annual appraisal cycle or via an internal selection process). Proficiency is understood to mean the attainment of level 5 of the Inter Institutional language courses, corresponding to B1.2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL). The Bank offers appropriate training support.
We are an equal opportunities employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. We encourage all suitably qualified and eligible candidates to apply regardless of their gender identity/expression, age, racial, ethnic and cultural background, religion and beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, disability or neurodiversity.
Applicants with specific needs are encouraged to request reasonable accommodations at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact the EIB Recruitment team who will ensure that your request is handled.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorised disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: February, 9th 2023. Panel interviews are anticipated for February 2023.
(*) internal benchmark: (Senior) Officer Credit Risk Management