Audit Assistant Manager
- Grant Thornton UK LLP
- Milton Keynes, Leicester, Reading and Birmingham / Flexible
- £Competitive + Benefits
- 16 Jan 2023
- 12 Feb 2023
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Business & Management Consultancy, Financial Services, Professional Services
- Contract Type
More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
You already know what an Audit Assistant Manager does, so we want to tell you what it’s like to work within Audit at Grant Thornton, and what can we offer you that others don’t.
Why Audit at Grant Thornton
Our UK audit practice is built of over 2300 people working across 24 locations, led by Fiona Baldwin and supported by 50 audit partners. We’re really proud of the strong position our audit practice is in from a wellbeing, resource and quality perspective, the latter of which is shown through our recent positive AQR results. Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals. Our tailored and responsive approach provides the expertise our clients need, enabling them to grow and make the right decisions about their future.
Our Commercial Audit team in Thames Valley (Reading, Oxford, Southampton) is focussed on private capital and private equity backed groups, which are fast growing, often international in reach and demand strong commercial, business as well as audit skills. Working with these dynamic organisations, you will develop commercial, business and finance skills as well as your knowledge and understanding of the audit and financial reporting of Private Capital backed groups.
Our size and culture allow us to give you more opportunities within your career. You will have more responsibility for client outputs, and more variety in the work you take on. You can develop your career in a way that works for you, and the firm, and we’ll support you with development programmes and opportunities along the way.
We’re keen to support and hire those who have had career breaks or time away from Audit in industry roles, who would like to return to a busy, flexible auditing role. Our vacancies for qualified Auditors are all open to supporting the up-skilling and re-integration of returners to our business.
Life is about more than work
The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, whether that’s reduced or condensed hours, job shares, we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance. Everyone in the firm is encouraged to work in a hybrid way, want to go for a run at 3pm, or collect children from school? That’s fine with us if it fits with your client work. Our framework for how we work underpins our approach, giving us all the confidence to make decisions that work for us, and our teams.
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
A look into the role
As an Assistant Audit Manager, within our Commercial service line, you will:
- Become a trusted business advisor to our clients, with a focus on quality and reputation
- Project manage client work and oversee all aspects of audit fieldwork and completion
- Lead onsite audit teams, preparing and reviewing financial statements and updating management
- Build and maintain strong working relationship with your team and our clients, providing support to junior team members
- Constantly strive to push yourself, and the business, further, knowing you’re supported through every stage
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as an Assistant Audit Manager, the minimum criteria you’ll need is a professional qualification (ACA, ICAS, CA, ACCA or CIPFA), and to be confident leading audits of varying sizes. It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102
- An interest in our clients, with the ability to confidently discuss business challenges and needs
- Extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages
- Project management experience
- An interest in maintaining and developing your technical knowledge
Beyond the job
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Auditor Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Assistant Audit Manager Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom