Risk and Resilience Manager
- Leeds Beckett University
- £40,931 - £46,047 + benefits
- 13 Jan 2023
- 06 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Corporate Governance & GRC, Risk, Risk Advisory, Risk Analysis, Risk Assurance, Risk Management
- Employer Sector
- Education, Training & Recruitment, Public Sector, Scientific
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Are you a risk management/business continuity professional with a track record of successful collaboration to support institutional resilience and embed risk management practices?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Working as part of our Governance Services Team, you will lead on the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the University’s approach to risk management, business continuity and incident planning. You will also lead on engagement with internal audit and have a key role in supporting the University’s Audit Committee.
The post holder is the central point of contact, support, advice, guidance and training within the University for all matters relating to risk management, business continuity and major incident planning.
- Promoting the use of the University’s Risk Management framework so that risk management is a dynamic and fully embedded process throughout the organisation
- Producing the Corporate Risk Register, working with UET members to provide quarterly reports to the Audit Committee
- Advising Schools and Services on developing and maintaining Local Registers
- Advising on the production of Risk Registers for specific projects or key strategic risks
- Keeping the University’s Risk Register templates and supporting tools under review and developing and disseminating these are required
- Leading on the review and revision of the Risk Management Policy and Risk Appetite Statement
Major Incident Planning & Response
- Developing and refining the Major Incident Plan (MIP) to support a co-ordinated approach to incidents and strengthen institutional resilience
- Designing and delivering training and exercising/testing to improve corporate response to major incidents
- During major incidents, proactively and assertively supporting the Strategic Leads and the Major Incident Team to understand and apply the MIP, and transition into business continuity/recovery
- Leading a robust learning process after major incidents and exercises to drive continual improvement in the University’s response to major incidents
Business Continuity (BC) Planning
- Developing the corporate BC Plan and supporting tools
- Supporting Schools and Services to help them develop and maintain local BC plans, in accordance with the University’s BC process, ensuring these are linked to local Risk Registers
- Designing and delivering training on BC planning
- Developing and implementing plans for testing BC planning, along with robust learning arrangements to drive improved resilience.
- Manage the University’s relationship with the Internal Auditors and performance against the delivery of the contract, on behalf of the Audit Committee.
- Working with the Deputy Secretary, lead the development of a three-year rolling, risk based internal audit plan ensuring coverage of mandatory requirements.
- Oversee the management and co-ordination of internal audit reviews to partner with and support members of the University Executive Team to shape their scope, management responses and monitoring the implementation of agreed recommendations and timescales, ensuring that relevant matters are reflected in the Corporate Risk Register and local risk registers.
- Acting as the Executive Officer for the University’s Audit Committee, including producing papers and reports for the Committee and the Board of Governors as required
- Participating in/leading relevant committees or working groups.
- To lead, under the guidance of the Governance Services Manager or Deputy Secretary, on the delivery of specified policy areas. This could include, for example, safeguarding, whistleblowing, fraud and anti-bribery responses, Prevent, research misconduct.
- Undertaking other duties commensurate with the grade.
- Work always to the highest levels of confidentiality, applying professional judgement and discretion when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Engage actively in own professional development, attending networks and/or events to develop and maintain a good level of understanding of the HE environment with specific reference to risk management, business continuity and incident management.
Closing date: Monday 6 February 2023 (23:59)
To submit your application, please click the 'Apply' button and search for 'risk' in the search bar.
Please note: Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted, and we will close the advert when we’ve received a sufficient number of applications. Make sure you submit your application as soon as possible.
Working here means you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits including our generous pension schemes, excellent holiday entitlements, flexible working, reduced study fees, subsidised fitness facilities and a lot more.
We welcome applications from all individuals and particularly from black and minority ethnic candidates as members of these groups are currently under-represented at this level of post. All appointments will be based on merit.
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Scientific £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Scientific £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Scientific £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Scientific £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Advisory Scientific £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom