Analyst - Analytics Division
- Whiteley / Homeworking
- £33,123.36 - £45,502.70 + benefits
- 17 Jan 2023
- 16 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning
- Employer Sector
- Automotive & Aviation, Government & Military, Public Sector, Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
NATS is the UK's leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
It's an exciting time to join NATS and specifically our Analytics team. We have an ambitious strategy and are keen to hear from analysts who can enhance and expand our existing capabilities and services.
This role provides the opportunity to work with interesting data, real-world application of your analytical skills and the ability to see your work swiftly shaping data-driven decisions across our industry.
Your analytical work is likely to include the following:
- Provide a variety of innovative and creative solutions to a wide range of analytical tasks which will ultimately advance aviation as part of our diverse team.
- Contribute to the planning, design, implementation and reporting of complex technical tasks under the supervision of the relevant task manager.
- Complete assigned tasks within agreed timescales, to the required level of quality and to the satisfaction of the relevant task manager. This includes carrying out scientific, technical or data analysis, drawing technical conclusions and insight and contributing to customer deliverables under appropriate guidance.
- Anticipate and solve routine and non-routine technical problems and suggest appropriate improvements to methods and analysis.
- Contribute to continuous improvement, suggesting appropriate improvements to processes and activities.
- Develop and maintain technical and professional expertise and apply this appropriately to tasks.
- Honours degree in a numerate subject (which could be scientific or business oriented) or equivalent (e.g., other qualifications or relevant work experience).
- General understanding of the nature and relevance of specialist analytical techniques and methodologies when applied to studies and the ability to apply these to one of the department's customers.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows / Office environment or equivalent and use of appropriate programming languages (e.g. R and Python), databases and statistical packages.
- Experience of and interest in Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing and simulation models would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Ability to produce well documented, high quality technical work and appreciate when work is of a sufficient standard. Good communication and presentation skills to peers and customers.
- Good team working skills with an ability to appreciate different points of view.
We're looking to recruit for 4 Analysts to join the NATS Analytics team.
In addition to a competitive salary that's regularly reviewed, NATS offers an excellent range of benefits which includes a company performance related pay scheme, voluntary benefits and retail discounts, generous leave entitlement and a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme.
NATS have adopted agile working to provide greater flexibility and increased choice over working arrangements, with the opportunity for this role to work in our modern office facilities as well as remotely. We also welcome discussions on flexible and part-time working arrangements.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe - we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.
More searches like this
- Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business Intelligence Technology, ICT & Telecoms £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Science Technology, ICT & Telecoms £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Artificial Intelligence Technology, ICT & Telecoms £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom