Senior Internal Audit Manager
- HM Land Registry
- Nationwide (UK)
- £53,720 (National) / £57,828 (London) + benefits
- 20 Jan 2023
- 12 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Assurance, Business / Corporate Auditor, Corporate Governance & GRC, Internal Audit Senior Manager
- Employer Sector
- Construction & Property, Government & Military, Not For Profit & Charities, Public Sector
- Contract Type
Locations: Birkenhead, Croydon, Coventry, Durham, Weymouth, Gloucester, Kingston upon Hull, Leicester, Nottingham, Peterborough, Plymouth, Warton, Swansea, Telford.
We have an exciting opportunity for the role of Senior Internal Audit Manager, who will report directly to the Head of Internal Audit. You will play an essential role in the delivery of assurance services to support HMLR's ambition and will have a pragmatic approach to governance and change.
Within this role, you will lead a team with overall responsibility for a range of audits and assignments. You will influence changes to the environment, so that risk is managed more effectively. With access to high profile work, you will work alongside key decision makers, audit specialists and private sector contractors, challenging and developing your skills, as well as ensuring we meet our customer expectations.
Main duties will include:
- Engage effectively with senior stakeholders to support the identification and management of key risks and to promote effective governance, risk management, control and assurance arrangement
- Deliver Internal Audit plans in line with quality, time and budget requirements to support robust assurance opinions and other agreed stakeholder requirements
- Develop and maintain strong, effective professional relationships with senior management teams in individual directorates across HMLR, establishing a ‘Business Partner’ model to identify specific assurance requirements and provide value-adding professional insight to help directorates manage risk and control frameworks effectively
- Develop and maintain strong, effective professional relationships with audit and assurance providers across government to ensure alignment with wider public sector assurance provision and industry best practice
- Lead high risk or complex audit assignments; prepare and present progress reports to Audit and Risk Committee and other Boards/Committees
- Continuously improve the team’s methodology and approach including effective use of technology drawing on best practice
- Lead people to manage, recognise and reward good performance; promote personal and professional development; nurture and manage talent; act promptly on feedback and issues; promote equality and diversity
Where an individual taking up the responsibility will be based in Swansea Office, the ability to speak Welsh is desirable.
To be successful in this role, you must hold one of the below Technical Memberships/Qualifications:
- Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors UK & Ireland
- Other Institutes of Internal Auditors that are part of IIA Global; OR
- Accountancy - Fully Qualified, current member of one of the five CCAB bodies (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS and Chartered Accountants Ireland) or CIMA.
In addition, you will be able to demonstrate current practical internal audit experience and strong audit and assurance expertise, with the ability to establish relationships and influence diverse senior stakeholders. You will also develop effective governance, aligned to strategic priorities, reduce risk and manage internal control arrangements. You can effectively communicate, negotiate and challenge in a professional manner, whilst managing other assurance providers to ensure maximum value in providing assurance.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Changing and Improving
- Communicating and Influencing
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
At HM Land Registry our vision is a world leading property market as part of a thriving economy and a sustainable future. We are unique in terms of the economic and social impacts of our work, our ability to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers, our sense of mission, and our great people. They are the foundation of all we have achieved and all we aspire to in the future. We want our people to feel proud to work for HM Land Registry and able to fulfil their full potential.
We have a strong and positive culture, a commitment to inclusivity, an emphasis on continuous learning and development, and flexible ways of working. We offer competitive pay, generous annual leave, attractive pension options and a wide range of other benefits.
- We have integrity – we value honesty, trust and doing the right thing in the right way.
- We drive innovation – we are forward-thinking, embrace change and are continually improving our processes.
- We are professional – we value and grow our knowledge and professional expertise.
- We give assurance – we guarantee our services and provide confidence to the property market.
For more information on the role, and to submit your application, please click the 'Apply' button.