Do you have a Commercial or Finance background? Are you interested in accelerating your development? As your next career step do you want to:
- Develop a deeper understanding of the business;
- Build your GSK knowledge and cultural awareness;
- Engage with stakeholders at every level of the organisation;
- Work in a high-performing team;
- Enhance your leadership capabilities in communication, collaboration, challenging and influencing; and
- Build critical capability in risk management?
As an Audit Manager, your role will be to deliver objective and insightful assurance that inspires meaningful action in reducing risk to GSK. This role is critical to understanding the current state of risk management, giving credit for good practices, identifying issues, understanding root cause, and providing insight to mobilise the organisation to improve. The role serves as an ambassador of risk management and the Internal Controls Framework (ICF); fostering openness and trust and connecting individuals to resources that will help them reduce risk.
Our Audit Managers perform and lead audits across the EMEA region in relation to Commercial Practices, ABAC and Finance. The Commercial Practices risk includes risks that arise from having direct interactions with our customers, such as the risk of inappropriate promotion. The ABAC risk is the risk of any inappropriate payments to or other interactions with third parties to gain an unfair advantage, while the Finance risk includes the risk of incorrect financial reporting and financial loss. Travel is required for this role for about 25% of your time (12 weeks per year).
We’re moving towards a more sustainable future with our new headquarters. With better public transport links and proximity to world-class science and technology institutions, we’re excited for our move to the vicinity of Earnshaw Street, London WC1A (“the New HQ”).by end H1 2024.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Engage auditees and other business stakeholders in a way that inspires and builds trust, mutual understanding, and respect.
- Deliver timely and meaningful audit outputs in alignment with the Core Audit Process (or other assurance products as required), providing a holistic view of risk management in language the business understands. This includes not only identifying gaps in control and risk management, but also good practices and insights to be shared and leveraged more broadly across GSK.
- Deliver meaningful insights to the business, and appropriate context to support action.
- Connect auditees and other business stakeholders to insights and resources that will deepen their understanding of risk and the internal control framework.
- Anticipate and effectively manage potential obstacles to audit delivery and risk reduction; ensure timely escalation. Demonstrate a flexible approach to work, rebalancing priorities where necessary and solving problems creatively.
- Uphold A&A consistent standards, whilst working efficiently and minimizing non-value add activities.
- Lead by example to challenge the status quo and create a vibrant, values-based work environment. Develop self and others through giving and receiving feedback to promote excellence and continuous improvement. Engage in peer to peer coaching, teaching, and mentoring.
- Actively contribute to the evolution of A&A assurance strategies and related audit universe entries.
- Expand the knowledge base of the A&A team through proactive knowledge sharing and collaboration. Share your experience actively for relevant audits. Build your own knowledge of new areas and actively participate in audits of new areas to increase your audit experience and flexibility as required by A&A.
- Champion A&A strategic projects and initiatives.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Commercial Practices, Financial Control and Reporting or Anti-bribery and Corruption controls, gained from functional roles in the businesses.
- Proven track record of managing complex projects / initiatives including planning, organising, managing people and delivering within agreed timelines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong collaboration, partnership and influencing skills.
- Good problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- A self-starter, results-oriented with good learning agility.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g., finance, business, life sciences, pharmacy).
- Experience from partnering roles within a large business – this can be from Marketing, Audit, Finance, Compliance or Medical backgrounds.
If you have the following, it would be a plus:
- Second foreign language
- Prior experience within Pharma
- Prior Commercial or audit experience
About Audit & Assurance
A&A is responsible for providing an objective view of risk management at a point in time. By raising awareness, we inspire meaningful action before potential issues become real issues. We collaborate and partner on the shared goal of reducing risk to GSK – protecting the interests of our patients. We are in the unique position to view across the GSK enterprise, connecting insights and sharing learnings in the risk space through our assurance and advisory product portfolio.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as people can thrive. Getting ahead disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together