Data Management Lead
- Care Quality Commission
- UK / Homebased
- Up to £65,499 + homeworking allowance
- 30 Jan 2023
- 26 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Science, Compliance & Regulation, Compliance, Regulation
- Employer Sector
- Healthcare & Pharmaceutical, Not For Profit & Charities, Public Sector, Social Services
Salary: £50,466 - £60,330 (National Framework) or £55,635 - £65,499 (London Framework - if you are London or homebased and live within the boundary of the M25) plus a homeworking allowance of £529 per annum for those working from home.
Closing date: Sunday 26th February 2023 at 11.59pm
We’re the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we work to improve health and adult social care in England.
Through the dedication of our expert team, we monitor health and social care services to provide England with a safe and compassionate care system, recognising when services perform well as well as encouraging improvements and taking action over poorer care, where necessary.
One of our main commitments is to become a truly inclusive organisation and to role model a diverse and representative culture. To do so, we work with a variety of networks, including the Disability Equality Network, Race Equality Network and LGBT+ Equality Network.
Our expert data team manages the lifecycle of data on behalf of the organisation to gain the best understanding of the health and social care sector that we regulate.
We utilise a modern tech stack and Agile working practices within a technically challenging environment where you will be enabled to develop and grow your skill-set.
We’re investing in advanced technologies and data to develop smarter insights. Our work will sit at the forefront of how we use data regulate and can make a real difference to the regulation of health and social care services.
We are now looking for a Data Management Lead to join us on a permanent, full-time/part-time or job share basis.
- 27 days’ annual leave, rising with service to 32.5 days, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- NHS pension scheme, with around a 14% employer contribution
- Free employee assistance service 24 hours a day
- Discounts to supermarkets, high street stores, electronics and fleet cars
- Discounted gym vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal reward scheme where you could win a voucher or two!
- Equipment for homeworking
- Professional development options
- Financial support to gain certifications
Why this could be a great role for you…
This is a brilliant opportunity for a data management expert to join our expert central Data Team.
We can offer you the unique and highly rewarding opportunity to enhance your experience and professional portfolio in a leading regulatory body, where your knowledge and dedication will help to improve the health outcomes of millions of people across the UK.
What’s more, our data-based roles are offered on a full-time, job share or part-time basis and we are happy to discuss alternate working patterns. We will be interested to hear about your requirements within your application.
With a truly flexible array of working options and a generous holiday allowance, we recognise the importance of a meaningful work-life balance and will support you to find that harmony.
What you will bring…
To be considered as our Data Management Lead, you will need:
- Experience implementing data management projects in a large organisation
- Experience of data lineage/catalogue tools
- Management and leadership skills with experience of leading multi-disciplinary team
- Experience managing conflict and articulating coherent rationales for action
- Strong knowledge of current data management standards and best practice
- Expert stakeholder management skills
A DAMA certification or equivalent would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of leading change projects or programmes focused around data.
What you’ll be doing…
As the Data Management Lead, you will oversee the CQC data management strategy, ensuring it provides the standard of data we need to be insight-led. Your work will enable us to take action with confidence in our data, with high quality and well managed data forming the cornerstone of our strategy.
Whilst leading critical data assets and programme activities, you will ensure the consistent data control and management policies across our organisation.
Providing excellent leadership to your multidisciplinary team, you will ensure unit priorities are met through the flexible deployment of resources. You will make sure that appropriate quality control and quality assurance processes are undertaken to ensure measurable improvements across the 6 quality dimensions.
Additionally, you will:
- Facilitate and manage agendas for Data Governance Council meetings and other data forums
- Build relationships to drive the implementation of data tools - Semarchy and Purview
- Ensure the data we use is of the highest standard and reflect CQC needs
If you require any support or assistance with the recruitment process, please get in touch with our team or include a note in your application.
We know diverse teams allow for a more creative and productive environment and therefore encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, gender/sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
So, if you’d like to join us as a Data Management Lead, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Data and Compliance Manager, Information Governance Manager, Governance and Data Protection Manager, or Data Compliance Manager.
More searches like this
- Compliance Social Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Social Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Social Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Social Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Social Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom