IT Controls Compliance Senior Manager
- Audit and Risk Recruitment
- London / Chesterfield
- £80,000 - £100,000
- 01 Feb 2023
- 03 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Compliance & Regulation, Compliance, Internal Controls, IT Audit Senior Manager, Sarbanes-Oxley
- Employer Sector
- Logistics & Transport
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 0-25% Travel
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company is working with an International Logistics company to help them source talent for an IT Controls Compliance Senior Manager on a project basis. This position will provide critical project leadership for all IT Controls for financial reporting activities.
This is a new role in a growing team and reports to the Director of Controls and Governance. The role holder will drive continuous improvement in the company’s control environment through ownership and accountability of internal controls at all levels of the organisation and support a culture of controls compliance.
- Work closely with IT to drive remediation of IT Controls.
- Be a point of contact on best practise controls design and operation of IT controls.
- Assess system changes to ensure appropriate IT controls are embedded in to new applications where in scope for financial controls.
- Oversea and manage testing and quality over IT control operation, including automated controls, interface controls and IPE controls and report to Finance & IT Leadership on status of controls
- Support the scope definition and design of IT Governance Frameworks.
- Develop training and communication plans for Information and Technology governance standards.
- Ensure ongoing compliance against published frameworks
- Designing and conducting IT risk assessments over ERPs, cloud based SASS applications, databases etc.
- Lead SME conversations and technical conversations on IT controls
- Designing and documenting IT controls from scratch – through identification to documentation.
- Produce and maintain compliance reports and dashboards, including production of executive management information.
- Preparing reporting for various committees such as Controls Committees, Controls Programme steerco and Audit Committee packs and coordinate reporting and governance process.
- Quality assurance over remediation and IT controls testing programmes including automated controls and IPE testing.
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels to achieve desired outcome.
- Overall help drive improvement in controls maturity and reporting
Relevant professional experience such as CISA, CRISC, CISM, QiCA, MIIA.
- Possessing a technical understanding of IT architecture - operating systems, networks, databases, application functionality.
- Knowledge and experience of IT Governance practices and principles.
- In-depth knowledge of control frameworks such as COBIT
- Knowledge and experience of US Sox IT controls over IT Control Design, deficiency remediation and testing.
- Experience in assessing the compliance of key IT suppliers in relating to IT Controls.
- Ingenuity and problem-solving skills, a natural curiosity to learn more about how IT and the business interacts in order to reduce risk.
- Strong presentation skills involving large audiences with varying backgrounds in terms of IT knowledge; an ability to adjust messages and filter details based on audience.
- Maintaining an understanding of financial reporting concepts and can link key IT risks to the risk of material misstatement to the financial statements.
- Knowledge of IT controls over SASS, cloud based applications and SOC I & II reports.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills & operating at executive level.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A direct, straightforward style, able to cut to the core quickly
- Excellent people management skills, able to manage upwards and influence in a complex environment.
- In-depth understanding of business, with a desire to contribute in a collaborative, team based environment, beyond the remit of the position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project / visio, powerpoint, excel.
More searches like this
- Compliance Logistics & Transport £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Derbyshire
- Sarbanes-Oxley Logistics & Transport £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Derbyshire
- Internal Controls Logistics & Transport £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Derbyshire
- IT Audit Senior Manager Logistics & Transport £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Derbyshire
- Compliance & Regulation Logistics & Transport £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Derbyshire