- Deckers Brands
- London, United Kingdom
- Competitive + benefits
- 02 Feb 2023
- 11 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Compliance & Regulation, Compliance, Sarbanes-Oxley
- Employer Sector
- Consumer Goods & Services, Retail, Wholesale & FMCG
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Compliance Manager EMEA
At Deckers Brands we don’t just create shoes, we create lifestyles. We are about opportunity. Opportunity to create, to grow and to have an impact. We want all our people to be as successful as they can be, to reach their full potential
We want to positively impact the world, whether that be with our Be Good, Do Good community involvement, or through employing sustainable business practice and socially responsible operations. How we continue this journey is down to our 3,000 strong global team, across our five brands (UGG, Hoka, Teva, Sanuk and Koolabura by UGG). No matter where you are based within our team, we are committed to helping our people thrive. We will offer you a generous employee benefits package, as well as health, wellness, and career development support.
COME AS YOU ARE
We believe that the company you build is defined by the company you keep. We believe that a diverse, inclusive culture drives creativity and success. We believe that open hearts and minds together can unleash the potential of a brilliant mix of people—in every corner of Deckers. We strive to create a workplace that values ALL people, where we embrace differences, and everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Because the more perspectives we share, the better we can be.
The EMEA Compliance Manager is responsible for the management of all quality matters including product, waste, SOX and VAS for all our European Distribution Centres.
As the key contact and specialist expert for the above business streams, the role includes the supervision of all aspects of compliance including audits of our third-party providers as well as internal records for waste and SOX compliance. This role supports the Identification and control of secure destruction processes to ensure no faulty or damaged product returns to the market, as well as recovery of costs associated with QC failure.
You will ensure that our records are kept up to date, and all control gates always followed with timely submission of documentation. You will report any compliance failure in a timely manner and ensure root cause analysis together with corrective actions are put in place.
- Interact with all levels of the business, including 3PL’s, customers and vendors through effective and influential communication style.
- To actively manage quality control issues, items, and returns in co-operation with the DC’s, distributors, and vendors
- Establishes and maintains high quality service standards to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
- Liaise with our US Quality Control Team, global production team and 3PL’s to ensure any issues are identified and the impact to our customers are minimized
- Ensures that any quality complaints are managed and dealt with quickly
- Works collaboratively with all third-party providers to develop their processes and procedures in line with our QC standards, as follows:
- Monthly QC Reporting
- Work Instruction management
- QC Inspections Inbound process
- QC App (MFG System) management
- Factory Claim back Inbound
- Returns processing
- B-Grade (UGG)
- Donation (Teva/HOKA)
- Factory Claim back defective returns
Who You Are
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Analytical thinker with attention to detail
- Problem solver and decision maker
- Motivated by achieving results
We would Love to Hear from People with:
- Experience in Quality Management on a pan-European basis
- Experience of working in a major retail distribution environment
- Logistics and Supply Chain knowledge and understanding.
- Knowledge and understanding of Shoe Manufacture and production methods is beneficial
- Detailed knowledge of Process Mapping and documentation
- Understanding of warehousing stock processes
What We Will Give You:
- 28 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays & some time away from work - on top of generous holiday allowance, we can generally take advantage of half day Fridays providing our work is finished for the week.
- Extras, discounts, perks & volunteering opportunities - Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras.
- Growth and Development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development including Global Mentorship Program.
- Hybrid & Flexible Working Environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants embracing their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.
Please note: This role may close earlier than the date specified. If you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.