Compliance Monitoring Officer
- Audit and Risk Recruitment
- Bradford / Chatham / Petersfield / Hybrid
- Up to £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits
- 02 Feb 2023
- 04 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Compliance & Regulation, Compliance, Regulation
- Employer Sector
- Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC)* is working exclusively with our client, a FTSE listed banking and lending business with a presence across the UK, to assist in their search for compliance monitoring officers to join their growing compliance monitoring function.
These roles will potentially suit a first line quality assurance/risk professional, or an experienced operations professional looking to move into a second line or process driven role. Experience of working under FCA regulations and knowledge of FCA handbook are mandatory. Any previous compliance experience would be beneficial but not mandatory.
You will be working across thematic and continuous monitoring reviews with a specific focus on assessing the fairness and impact of customer outcomes.
The company is operating a hybrid working model with a requirement to be in the office 1-2 days a week. Office locations are Bradford, Chatham or Petersfield.
Lead and execute independent risk-based compliance monitoring activity by:
- Using the relevant systems, policies and call recording facilities to make desktop assessments of the fairness of outcomes received by customers and the standard of regulatory compliance;
- Assessing adherence to documented policy, controls and processes and articulating of the materiality and impacts of any risks identified.
- Assess findings based on materiality, likelihood of customer detriment and adherence to compliance requirements.
- Plan and organize workload to maintain a high standard of accuracy of allocated work.
- Assist the development of new and ongoing oversight requirements by supporting the research and development of the compliance monitoring plan.
- Maintaining an awareness of the compliance horizon and the impacts this can have on customers and its business.
Background Requirements (UK experience is mandatory)
- Previous Compliance Monitoring, Internal Audit, Quality Assurance OR significant first line risk/operational experience within a FCA regulated business
- Experience of working within credit (loans, mortgages, financing etc)
- Strong attention to detail, particularly for interpreting and applying regulation and guidance.
- Ability to identify process improvements and recommendations that realistically and effectively address the risk posed by issues identified.
- Ability to use initiative when concluding on testing results
Track record of demonstrating resilience in previous roles; to overcome objections and influence positive outcomes with resilience in the face of challenge from senior stakeholders.