Internal Audit Manager
- Astrum Search
- Central London
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 02 Feb 2023
- 17 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Internal Audit Manager
- Employer Sector
- Production, Manufacturing & Operations, Scientific
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 0-25% Travel
Astrum Search is delighted to be working with a growing FTSE 250 chemicals and manufacturing business to recruit a new Internal Audit Manager.
The role reports to the Director of Internal Audit & Risk and is based in Central London. The team work flexibly and typically attend the office 2-3 days per week when not travelling. Travel is anticipated to be up to 25% of the time in Europe, USA, and Asia.
- Undertake comprehensive planning and risk assessment of the audit area to determine the scope of the work
- Develop detailed test programme to support delivery of the overall audit objective
- Work in small teams to complete fieldwork in an efficient and effective manner
- Write clear and concise audit reports for management, providing pragmatic actions to address route cause of deficiencies identified
- Discuss audit findings with management and agree appropriate management actions and timeframes
- Support the Director of Audit & Risk with annual audit planning activities
- Assist in the continuous development of the internal audit function, keeping abreast with any changes that may impact the function
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified accountant or internal auditor (ACA/ACCA/CIA etc)
- Considerable internal audit experience (both financial and operational) gained in a complex, commercial setting
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills with the ability to influence senior management effectively
- Highly analytical and able to interpret complex information and data
- A high level of professional integrity
- Flexible to travel up to 25% as required.
The internal audit team are highly regarded in the business and the culture in the team is excellent. They are highly sociable and work in a very collaborative way. The work is varied and, whilst there are some financial audits as part of the plan, the majority of the audits are operational in nature.