Group Internal Audit Manager
- Hanami International
- Stoke-on-Trent, England, UK
- £55,000-62,500, plus bonus
- 07 Feb 2023
- 09 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Business / Corporate Auditor, Internal Auditor, Internal Audit Senior, Internal Audit Manager
- Employer Sector
- Consumer Goods & Services, Logistics & Transport, Production, Manufacturing & Operations, Retail, Wholesale & FMCG
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 0-25% Travel, 25-50% Travel, None
A multi-billion £ food and beverage business, is looking to recruit a Group Internal Audit Manager, based in Stoke-on-Trent (no more than 2 days per week) as they look to promote an existing Manager into the business after only 18 months. Working as part of a core team of Internal Audit professionals, carrying out reviews of both operational and financial risk, Internal Audit Managers are given huge exposure to a broad range of business units in the Group.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Assess the risks facing the Group companies at both a financial and operational level while adopting a strategic mind-set as to the impacts on the business.
- Proactively engage with the business at subsidiary and Group level to confirm the Internal Audit function is fully meeting the information needs of the business and ensuring clear lines of communication exist in facilitating sound decision making at all times.
- Participate in the annual audit planning process.
- Perform independent and objective reviews of internal control procedures and financial and operational systems.
- Manage, execute and deliver internal audit projects and fraud investigations.
- Manage external resources and subject matter experts engaged as part of Internal Audit work.
- Responsible for the delivery and timely issue of audit reports and findings with an emphasis on value added recommendations to ensure risk is managed appropriately.
- Agree and discuss key findings with management across the Group.
- Act as an advisor within the Group with regard to risk, controls and processes.
- Work on ad-hoc and specialist projects.
- Work closely with the rest of the Group Internal Audit Team. Act as mentor and more junior staff members.
- Continued professional development through attendance of external trainings and conferences.
- Experience operating at a management level with a history of managing, motivating and leading teams.
- Highly competent in IFRS, corporate governance and risk management standards.
- A proactive, high achiever, capable of consistently delivering quality work, strong attention to detail and an ability to take ownership of projects.
- First rate communication skills (oral and written), with the ability to influence and constructively engage at senior management level.
- Highly analytical, objective and thought provoking with the ability to challenge status quo.
- Self-starter, dynamic, driven, results orientated with the ability to excel in a very fast paced and changing environment and enjoy engaging with the business at a commercial / strategic level.
- Career focused and eager to progress within the Group.
- Flexibility, with an ability to engage in overseas travel, as required no more than 20% of the time.
The ideal candidate will be qualified accountant or auditor (eg. ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIA) qualified (although not essential) with internal or external audit experience gained within a Big4 / Top 10 or similar large industry & commerce function.
Hanami International Ltd are committed to protecting your Data. By submitting your information, you confirm that you have read and understood our Privacy Notice which outlines how we use information we collect about you. (Our Privacy Notice can be found at www.hanamiinternational.com/privacy-notice). Feel free to visit this for more information about how we collect and process personal data.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Auditor Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Senior Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Manager Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom