Group Head of Business Performance and Planning
- Lowell Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire / Flexible
- Negotiable + benefits
- 08 Mar 2023
- 07 Apr 2023
- Catherine Stroud
- Job Type
- Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Change Management, Other
- Employer Sector
- Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 0-25% Travel
You may not know us, but our reputation is growing. We believe that becoming debt free should be simple and affordable for everyone. Every year, we help thousands of people take control of their debts and we understand that every person's situation is different.
We buy debts from lots of different companies in all kinds of sectors. Our mission is to help customers on the path to becoming debt free; with a real focus on helping our customers pay off their debts in practical and affordable ways. We do this honestly, ethically and by treating our customers with dignity and respect.
Location: We work flexibly. We're based in Leeds but, you don't need to be.
So that's us, now let's talk about your role:
The role reports to the Group FP&A Director and is a key role within the wider Finance Leadership community. The core responsibility of this position is to develop and deliver Group performance information to key stakeholders around the business, with wider responsibility for delivery of all Group financial planning activities.
As Group Head of Business Performance & Planning you'll:
- Drive change and provide appropriate support, challenge and visibility to performance and forecasts and its achievement in a fast paced, growing business.
- Work collaboratively across the Finance function and the wider business to ensure maximum engagement, input and output.
- Development and support of the financial analysis of the company's strategic plans including a potential exit.
- Creation, development, and improvement of forecasting/MI models around Cash Flow and P&L Driving EBITDA growth for eventual investor exit strategy of which the role will play a key part.
- Be part of a team that Drives & Coordinates the Group financial planning processes including the annual budget and any subsequent rolling forecasts / wholesale reforecasts, being both the glue that holds the process together across multiple regions / functions but also the numerical focus to ensure we deliver the right result.
- Oversee and understand material group programmes and contribute to their success through insight and robust challenge.
- Trusted Business Partner to the Group CFO and CEO, and wider Exco members as appropriate.
- Intellectual and versatile capacity for valuable ad-hoc work, including scenario planning, sensitivity analysis and other important analysis to support discussions both internally and with investors / bondholders/the market.
- Using data and reporting from the wider business and BSU to drive strong, value adding insight and challenge to the business.
- Ambassador and subject matter expert for any new Finance planning / analysis tools across the group.
- Build strong engagement with the BSU and specialist finance teams to drive continuous improvement reporting and high quality, timely financial information.
- Work collaboratively across the whole Group to ensure maximum engagement and input, including management and motivation of a small team.
- Financial modelling of complex revenue, cost and balance sheet data are integral parts of the role in addition to the wider non-numerical landscape.
What we need from you?
- Significant experience financial performance and analysis
- Strong excel and PowerPoint ability
- Experience of Power BI and Oracle would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and graphic)
- Knowledge of leveraged PE backed business, preferably in Financial Services/CMS sector
- Strong understanding of financial reports and financial data, including business KPIs
- Strong attention to detail, whilst also seeing the bigger strategic picture
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally when required
How we say thank you?
An exciting career is much more than just a salary. We also understand that everyone, regardless of culture, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, or disability status, can contribute to our goal to make credit work better for all. Our strength is in our people. So, at Lowell we have a range of benefits that include:
- A discretionary annual bonus for a job well done.
- 28 days holiday with an option to purchase 5 more. Plus bank holidays on top.
- Life assurance, Private Medical Assurance & Group income protection.
- 3% flexible benefits; pick additional benefits or take as cash each month. Whether this is extra holiday or dental cover there will be something for you.
- Electric Company Car scheme and pension
- A fantastic culture with more little perks along the way including flexible working, family leave and recognition awards.
- Wellbeing support, including THRIVE sessions, trained support officers, and regular webinars and classes geared towards mindfulness.
At Lowell #together we go further So we want to ensure that once you get here, you'll still be going places.
Take the next step and apply
More searches like this
- Other Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Change Management Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business Intelligence Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom