Compliance Change – US Lead
- Whippany, New Jersey / Flexible / Hybrid
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- 08 Mar 2023
- 07 Apr 2023
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Banking & Finance - Retail, Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As a Barclays Compliance Change – US lead, this is an exciting opportunity where you will focus on helping deliver change initiatives to support the Financial Crime and Compliance function in maintaining and enhancing its risk management capabilities. You will take responsibility for the delivery of critical business change projects that form part of the Financial Crime and Compliance regulatory change portfolio.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Delivering regulatory change projects that meet mandatory or regulatory requirements
- Ensuring that the project(s) are individually defined, planned and delivered to respective goals and objectives
- Leading change management activities to ensure that colleagues are able and willing to accept the business change being delivered
- Ensuring the integrity of each project is maintained, focussing on internal consistency and compliance to governance, standards, processes and strategies
- Working closely with the business areas in transitioning the project into BAU, supporting the realization of benefits whilst maintaining operational stability
- Identifying risks and the appropriate levels of mitigation required, escalating and reporting as required
- Managing change control for areas of own project scope and deciding on the outcome of impact assessments, recommending the appropriate way forward to key stakeholders
- Managing the dependencies (within or external to the program) between the inter-linked projects ensuring that they each deliver the agreed outputs
What we’re looking for:
- Exceptional knowledge of project management and associated methodologies
- Evidence of being involved in the successful delivering of project/program
- Experience of working in a global matrix environment
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Project Management related qualification preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory environment and risk management
- Exposure to Financial Crime/Compliance matters
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
More searches like this
- Compliance Financial Services $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in United States
- Change Management Financial Services $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in United States
- Financial Crime Financial Services $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in United States
- Compliance & Regulation Financial Services $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in United States
- Investigations Financial Services $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in United States