Compliance Change Project Manager
- Glasgow, Scotland / Flexible / Hybrid
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- 08 Mar 2023
- 07 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Change Management, Compliance & Regulation, Compliance, Regulation, Internal Controls, Risk, Risk Management
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Banking & Finance - Retail, Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As a Barclays Compliance Change Project Manager, you will take typical business analysis duties and/ or project management for the delivery of critical business change projects that form part of the Compliance change portfolio. This is a key role to help the firm to achieve the right outcomes and maintain a conduct-focused culture. In Compliance you will be focused on our ways of working and thinking to deliver an effective risk management service to Barclays.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Performing Business analysis towards project delivery and delivering functional change projects that meet mandatory or regulatory requirements
- Ensuring that the project(s) are individually defined, planned, and delivered to respective goals and objectives
- Supporting change management activities to ensure that colleagues are able and willing to accept the business change being delivered
- Ensuring the integrity of each project is maintained, focussing on internal consistency and compliance to governance, standards, processes, and strategies
- Working closely with the business areas in transitioning the project into BAU, supporting the realisation of benefits whilst maintaining operational stability
- Managing risks to the project outcome and maintaining the project risk log, making judgement calls against all the identified risks and the appropriate levels of mitigation required
- Managing change control for areas of own project scope and deciding on the outcome of impact assessments, and recommending the appropriate way forward to key stakeholders
- Managing the dependencies between the inter-linked projects ensuring that they each deliver the agreed outputs
What we’re looking for:
- Good knowledge of project management and associated methodologies
- Evidence of being involved in the successful delivering of project/ programmes
- Experience of working in a global matrix environment
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Project Management related qualification preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory environment and risk management with exposure to Financial Crime/ Compliance matters
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
More searches like this
- Compliance Financial Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Financial Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Financial Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Change Management Financial Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Financial Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom