Financial Services Assistant Audit Manager
- Grant Thornton UK LLP
- London / Hybrid
- £Competitive + Benefits
- 14 Mar 2023
- 13 Apr 2023
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Financial Services, Management & Executive, Professional Services
- Contract Type
More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
You already know what an Audit Manager does, so we want to tell you what it’s like to work within Audit at Grant Thornton, and what can we offer you that others don’t.
Why Audit at Grant Thornton
Our UK audit practice is built of over 2300 people working across 24 locations, led by Fiona Baldwin and supported by 50 audit partners. We’re really proud of the strong position our audit practice is in from a wellbeing, resource and quality perspective, the latter of which is shown through our recent positive AQR results. Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals. Our tailored and responsive approach provides the expertise our clients need, enabling them to grow and make the right decisions about their future.
Now’s the time to take everything you know about audit to the next level, with our growing portfolio of clients. The constantly evolving landscape calls for an approach that puts what is right first, ahead of what is easy, and you will need to push ideas harder and ask difficult questions, giving our clients the assurance, they need.
Our size and culture allow us to give you more opportunities within your career. You will have more responsibility for client outputs, and more variety in the work you take on and the clients you work with. You can develop your career in a way that works for you, and the firm, and we’ll support you with development programmes and opportunities along the way.
We’re keen to support and hire those who have had career breaks or time away from Audit in industry roles, who would like to return to a busy, flexible auditing role. Our vacancies for qualified Auditors are all open to supporting the up-skilling and re-integration of returners to our business.
Life is about more than work
The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, whether that’s reduced or condensed hours, job shares, we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance. Everyone in the firm is encouraged to work in a hybrid way, want to go for a run at 3pm, or collect children from school? That’s fine with us if it fits with your client work. Our framework for how we work underpins our approach, giving us all the confidence to make decisions that work for us, and our teams.
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
A look into the role
We are looking for an assistant manager with external FS audit experience, to support a growing client base in a market that is developing quickly. Here are some things you can expect from this financial services role.
- You’ll consistently achieve deadlines and understand the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service.
- You will be the key contact for the client on day-to-day matters and take the lead on dealing with large, technically complex clients. You’ll highlight all key issues which may affect the audit opinion to the partner and makes recommendations for appropriate action. Determining that all audit reports reflect the work performed, you will meet set reporting and auditing standards, acting as a point of reference for best practice.
- Regular communication and feedback must be provided whilst encouraging training and development for yourself and others.
- We will empower you to act as a trusted business adviser to our clients. You will take responsibility for managing key client portfolio and building and maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients.
- Organising and attending office marketing events, you will be aware of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggest innovative products to address the clients' needs, following up on any contacts made. You’ll prepare and present proposals for new work whilst building a personal network from which referrals are received.
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as an Assistant Manager, the minimum criteria you’ll need are a professional qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent).
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Experience of managing audits of large companies in addition to dealing with complex technical matters
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102
- Project management experience
- Experience of IFRS and auditing listed companies would be beneficial
Beyond the job
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Auditor Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Assistant Audit Manager Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom