Corporate Assurance Manager
- High Speed Two (HS2) Limited
- Birmingham / Flexible
- Competitive + benefits
- 15 Mar 2023
- 06 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Assurance, Corporate Governance & GRC, Internal Controls, Risk, Risk Analysis, Risk Assurance, Risk Management
- Employer Sector
- Government & Military, Logistics & Transport, Public Sector, Travel & Hospitality
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Salary: Base salary: £36,300 c. £45,350 pa depending on skills and experience. In addition, we offer flexible benefits fund of 15% which is paid on top of base salary and is fully pensionable, as well as a range of competitive benefits - check them out in the Benefits section on our website via the 'Apply' button.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
As a Corporate Assurance Manager at HS2 you will work as part of a flexible and multi-disciplinary assurance function, leading on a variety of business assurance reviews (second line of defence) across all areas of our corporate control’s environment. Where competent, also act as subject matter lead for individual assurance activity or acting as a generalist assurance practitioner managing inputs from subject matter experts.
About the role:
- Act as the assurance lead with responsibility for the management of individual assurance reviews and coordinating the assurance review team to deliver the review, in line with the agreed HS2 assurance programme, following HS2 policy and procedure (and best practice).
- Planning and setting the scope of assurance reviews, and documenting the assurance plan/terms of reference, by working with stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop targeted assurance scope that focuses on key risk areas for activities to be assured
- Planning and delivering fieldwork for assurance reviews, by identifying risk controls and completing testing using a range of testing techniques to assess control design and operating effectiveness
- Holding close out meetings with stakeholders, agreeing corrective actions to support the development, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of the Integrated Management System.
- Preparing final reports, escalating major issues or inadequate responses to the Senior Corporate Assurance Manager
- Provide analysis of assurance findings with the view to identification of trends to allow management to develop and prioritise improvement initiatives.
- Provide input and ideas to the continual improvement of policies and procedures
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Ability to lead the end-to-end delivery of assurance reviews to a professional standard and to agreed deadlines, working with assurance providers, both internally and from 3rd parties where required
- Ability to identify strengths and areas for improvement within a business area or process, for example by considering R(esults) A(pproach) D(eployment) AR(assessment&review) or C(heck) A(ct) P(lan) D(o) approach
- Ability to identify and scope the impact of assurance findings, and communicate the implications to a range of audiences
- Understanding of risks and controls and their application to the business environment
- Knowledge of range of assurance activities, tools and techniques and their application
- Experience of delivering assurance or audit across a major programme, or a complex organisation, with multiple stakeholders, within the public or private sector
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert. Any applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.
More searches like this
- Assurance Travel & Hospitality £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Analysis Travel & Hospitality £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Travel & Hospitality £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Travel & Hospitality £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Travel & Hospitality £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom