EME Prime and PDS Business Oversight Compliance Manager
- London / Hybrid
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- 22 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Compliance & Regulation, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Compliance, Regulation, Financial Crime
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Banking & Finance - Retail, Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As a Barclays EME Prime and PDS Business Oversight Compliance Manager, you will be supporting the EME Prime and PDS business areas. You will also provide advice and Compliance support to the Prime and PDS (Futures execution and clearing) businesses, delivering a best in class partnership and forming part of a robust Compliance second line of defence.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Acting as the key point of contact for all EME PDS and Prime compliance related questions, concerns, and action points tasked to Compliance
- Providing deep technical knowledge and experience of futures & options execution and clearing activities, with broad, comprehensive knowledge industry
- Leading transmission of Compliance policy, procedures and practice into the business and supporting development by businesses of effective control frameworks
- Advising upon and helping implementation of proposed changes to derivative trading venue rule books
- Providing advice to the EME PDS business and other infrastructure functions on matters arising day-to-day
- Executing projects and utilising analytical skills relating to the control environment to deliver results to senior Compliance and business management
- Informing the business of applicable Compliance initiatives, regulatory requirements, venue requirements, and rule changes, consultation and implementation etc
What we’re looking for:
- Compliance experience
- Futures and Options Execution and Clearing knowledge
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Self starter who can work individually as well as part of a team
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience of working in Markets Compliance
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
More searches like this
- Compliance Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Financial Crime Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom