Senior Decision Analyst
- United Kingdom / Hybrid
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- 23 Mar 2023
- 06 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Science
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Banking & Finance - Retail, Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As a Barclays Senior Decision Analyst, you’ll be pivotal to the success of the organisation. You’ll partner with various areas of the bank, utilising different forms of data and insights. You’ll use your expert knowledge to translate and inform the business on consumer behaviours, performance trends, commercial opportunities, and risks, to help steer the organisation’s strategy. This is an exciting opportunity for a commercially minded analyst to have a real impact in the day-to-day operations of the bank.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Using and manipulating data to understand customer behaviours, product, and financial performance to help to maximise product performance
- Using your insight and market understanding to support the business to create product plans and drive key strategic initiatives
- Supporting the design, test and build of complex information across multiple decision engines to identify links between customer behaviours, business opportunities and performance
- Demonstrating an innovative approach to data-based problem solving, and have input into the development of a business strategy
- Collaborating on initiatives to support the accuracy, availability, granularity, and coverage of our data, and with those that implement new data management and manipulation tools
- Communicating the findings of analysis to inform senior stakeholders both face to face and via reports to support implementing change and making decisions for the function
- Developing the targeting approach to identify and understand customer needs by designing tests, delivery campaigns, and reviewing performance to ensure campaigns are effective
- Sharing complex ideas, issues, and recommendations in presentation and written form to gain agreement from stakeholders at different levels and with different backgrounds
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in creating business models, both financial and consumer behaviours
- Experience in using innovative customer analysis to identify commercial opportunities
- Experience of programming in code using SQL, and an additional computer language (e.g., SAS, R, Python) is desirable
- Proven experience of statistical analysis techniques desirable
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Extensive analytic experience preferably within financial services products/segments, digital or Telco industries
- Practical experience of creating customer segmentation models, and running customer targeting
- The ability to review and manipulate data to predict and understand customer needs
- Practical knowledge of data warehouse and MI environments and practices
Where will you be working?
We will confirm your place of work at the point of offer, ensuring that this is considered in line with our future ways of working and overall location strategy.