Head of IT Audit
- IAC Search
- Central London
- c. £120,000 - £140,000 + Car + Bonus + Benefits
- 23 Mar 2023
- 22 Apr 2023
- Employer Sector
- Retail, Wholesale & FMCG
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 0-25% Travel
Our client is one of the most highly regarded FTSE 100 employers in the commercial sector and has demonstrated a track record of consistent growth over the past 10 years. The company is cash rich and highly acquisitive as it expands into new geographical markets and complimentary product ranges.
Reporting to the Director of Risk & Internal Audit and managing a team of 9 (5 direct and 4 indirect), the primary responsibilities of the position include;
- Developing and maintaining an IT audit universe for the group and supporting Heads of Internal Audit on maintaining divisional and business audit universes.
- Designing and implementing the annual risk-based IT audit plan in conjunction with Internal Audit and business colleagues. Scoping and prioritising the IT audit plan based on emerging risk.
- Supporting the business units with programme assurance, consultancy and advisory services around technology change programmes.
- Leading and managing a team of IT audit managers and auditors and providing performance appraisal and development support to team members to deliver high-quality assurance to the business.
- Delivering periodic updates on IT risks and IT audit activity to the Director of Risk & Internal Audit Providing third line challenge and support on major IT projects to business leaders.
- Providing oversight, independent challenge and assurance over key IT risk and cyber security initiatives led by the group CISO and CIO, including validation of the group cyber security strategy.
- Partnering with third party providers.
- Scoping and supervising IT risk/audit engagements delivered by third party delivery.
- Leading IT-focused investigations and post incident reviews.
This challenging role will require a top calibre individual with a strong academic background and a relevant post degree level qualification. Previous experience will ideally have been gained at a “Big 4” Director level or as an in-house Head of IT Audit role within a large FTSE plc environment. We are specifically looking for an individual whose experience has been gained in a product led sector and will not be considering individuals with an FS background at this stage. This individual will be expected to demonstrate the ability to interact and influence decision making at the Board level and individual must have the potential to move into a broader commercial role within the business in the longer term.