Audit Senior Associate - New Zealand
- PwC New Zealand
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Competitive + Benefits
- 24 Mar 2023
- 23 Apr 2023
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Business & Management Consultancy, Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
When you start a career at PwC, you’re joining a community of solvers who are encouraged and empowered to respond to the fundamental changes we see in the world today. We’re investing in you and you’re investing in us. That’s why we’re extremely active in motivating and supporting our staff by offering a flexible working culture, endless learning and development opportunities and competitive, inclusive benefits all designed to help you work and live your best. An empowering and diverse environment starts with you. Are you ready to get started?
Ngā Kōrero mo tēnei tūranga / About the role
We are looking for experienced auditors to join our Financial Assurance team in Auckland at Senior Associate level. From our offices at PwC Tower in the bustling and vibrant Commercial Bay, you will be responsible for working on various external audit engagements with our clients. This is a full-time opportunity, minimum 37.5 hours per week.Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Assisting more senior staff on statutory audit engagements from the planning stage through to finalisation and review.
- Supervising staff and helping to develop our junior staff and graduates
- Becoming an integral part of building the public's trust and confidence in our clients by delivering high quality audits of financial statements.
- Working directly with clients and teams, understanding our clients' needs, checking compliance with policies and procedures, testing internal controls and substantiating financial information.
- Using cutting-edge technology to deliver exceptional external audit work.
- Adhering to PwC audit methodology and required auditing standards.
Ngā pūkenga kei a koe / Skills and experience
This is an excellent opportunity to build on your existing external audit experience which will ideally come from a globally known professional services firm. We are looking for an experienced external auditor who can bring the following competencies and experience to the role:
- 3+ years of work experience as an external auditor for a large, global auditing firm.
- You must be either qualified, or working towards qualification of a relevant professional accounting such as, but not limited to, CAANZ, CPA , ACCA or ICAEW.
- Proven experience working on external audit engagements and coaching junior staff.
- Experience working with globally recognised financial reporting standards such as IFRS
- A relevant Bachelor's or Master's qualification in accounting or a closely-related subject.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Ngā āhuatanga hirahira o te mahi ki PwC / Highlights of working at PwC NZ
- Unrivalled level of access to industry expertise, both locally and through our wider global network of member firms, where you’ll be enabled by cutting-edge technology.
- Dress for your day and flex your schedule in alignment with team and client needs
- Inclusive 18 weeks paid parental leave policy for all parents - mums, dad’s, caregivers with no minimum service!
- Digital upskilling through our Digital Academy
- Enhanced leave capabilities - an opportunity to purchase additional leave with 2 staff recognition days available each year
- Paid volunteer days available through our PwC Foundation - help to resolve the societal issue of “children’s welfare” in New Zealand through ToiToi and FliP
- Rainbow tick certified - we are a progressive, inclusive and a dynamic organisation that reflects the community we are based in
Mo te aha tāu e tatari ana? / What are you waiting for?
Hit the Apply Now button to apply, or if you still need some convincing and want to learn how you can grow and shine in your career at PwC.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services $100,000 - $119,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Audit Consultant Professional Services $100,000 - $119,999 jobs in New Zealand
- External Auditor Professional Services $100,000 - $119,999 jobs in New Zealand
- External Audit Senior Professional Services $100,000 - $119,999 jobs in New Zealand