Internal Audit, Senior Associate
- PwC New Zealand
- Christchurch, New Zealand
- Competitive + Benefits
- 24 Mar 2023
- 23 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Business / Corporate Auditor, Internal Audit Senior, Internal Audit Manager, Risk, Risk Advisory, Risk Assurance, Risk Management
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Business & Management Consultancy, Financial Services, Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
When you start a career at PwC, you’re joining a community of solvers who are encouraged and empowered to respond to the fundamental changes we see in the world today. We’re investing in you and you’re investing in us. That’s why we’re extremely active in motivating and supporting our staff by offering a flexible working culture, endless learning and development opportunities and competitive, inclusive benefits all designed to help you work and live your best. An empowering and diverse environment starts with you. Are you ready to get started?
Ngā Kōrero mo tēnei tūranga / About the role
A career in Internal Audit gives you the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients to understand their objectives, the regulatory and risk management environment, and ultimately add value by enhancing business operations. As our team in Ōtautahi / Christchurch continues to grow, we’re looking for an experienced Senior Associates to execute internal audit and risk management engagements with our clients.
From PwC’s vibrant offices overlooking the Avon River, you will never be too far from both the hotspots of the central city and the stunning natural landscapes of Canterbury and beyond. There are not many cities in the world where you can visit snowy mountains and the sea on the same day!
This is a full-time opportunity, minimum 37.5 hours per week. Your day-to-day responsibilities in this role will include:
- Working on internal audit engagements and projects including risk assessment and engagement planning, fieldwork and reporting.
- Identifying priority areas of risk and process improvement by understanding our clients’ systems, objectives, risks, control frameworks and regulatory environments.
- Engaging with clients to deliver outstanding internal audit services, and building and maintaining productive relationships.
- Maintaining awareness of advancements in internal audit and controls such as best practices, new technologies, relevant regulations, and risk management techniques.
- Supervising and developing junior staff
Ngā pūkenga kei a koe / Skills and experience
- 3+ years’ previous experience in an internal audit or risk management position, either in-house or for a professional services firm.
- Strong understanding of risk frameworks, controls and business processes
- Effective use of tools and IT technologies in performing internal audit projects.
- Excellent report writing, presentation and analytical skills
- Proven experience maintaining long-term relationships with a broad network of stakeholders and clients.
Ngā āhuatanga hirahira o te mahi ki PwC / Highlights of working at PwC NZ
- Unrivaled level of access to industry expertise, both locally and through our wider global network of member firms, where you’ll be enabled by cutting-edge technology.
- Dress for your day and flex your schedule in alignment with team and client needs
- Inclusive 18 weeks paid parental leave policy for all parents - mums, dad’s, caregivers with no minimum service!
- Enhanced leave capabilities - an opportunity to purchase additional leave and two staff recognition days available each year
- Paid volunteer days available through our PwC Foundation - help to resolve the societal issue of “children’s welfare” in New Zealand through ToiToi and FliP
- Digital upskilling through our Digital Academy
Mo te aha tāu e tatari ana? / What are you waiting for?
Hit the Apply Now button to apply, or if you still need some convincing and want to learn how you can grow and shine in your career at PwC.
To learn more about PwC New Zealand’s response to Covid-19 click here.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Professional Services $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Internal Audit Senior Professional Services $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Internal Audit Manager Professional Services $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Risk Management Professional Services $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Risk Professional Services $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in New Zealand