Senior Analyst - Analytics Division
- Hampshire, Fareham
- £50,399.10 - £69,234.97 per annum
- 24 Mar 2023
- 23 Apr 2023
- Employer Sector
- Automotive & Aviation, Government & Military, Public Sector, Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
- Full Time
NATS is the UK's leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally. Our people are at the heart of our purpose to advance aviation and keep the skies safe.
It's an exciting time to join NATS and specifically our Analytics team. We've got an ambitious strategy and we're keen to recruit a Senior Analyst (STAR 3 Analyst) to enhance and expand our existing capabilities and services. You'll use your analytical and leadership skills to deliver real-world solutions and see your work swiftly shaping data-driven decisions across our industry.
We're seeking applicants with a proven ability to lead and manage a portfolio of high-quality technical analysis, who can apply sound reasoning, positively challenge the status quo and inspire an innovative team culture. You'll be part of a team that helps optimise decision making across all areas of the NATS business and for external customers to improve safety, capacity and other operational/business decisions.
Other duties include:
- Leading colleagues to unlock the potential from complex data by translating into insightful recommendations;
- Project managing complex technical tasks, proactively solving technical and non-technical challenges encountered;
- Responsibility for delivery of high quality technical work to time and cost;
- Contributing to continuous improvement of processes and activities, considering a variety of innovative solutions;
- Developing and maintaining a high level of technical and professional expertise, guiding others in these areas;
- Liaising effectively with customers, shaping their needs and identifying new opportunities;
- Line management or technical leadership of up to 5 staff.
Essential skills and experience:
- Good honours degree in a numerate subject or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of interpreting, shaping and delivering a customer's requirements to add demonstrable value.
- Able to produce well documented technical work, taking into account different viewpoints and presenting a clear story from your results.
- Excellent communicator and able to lead, motivate and inspire an effective team culture.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office environment/equivalent alongside programming languages, statistical packages and databases (e.g. R, Python, SQL, PowerBI).
- Experience of Data Science, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence, cloud computing and simulation models would be beneficial, as would some knowledge of current and future UK air traffic management.
For more information on the team, please visit our website via the 'Apply' button.
Additional vacancy information:
In addition to a competitive salary that's regularly reviewed, NATS offers an excellent range of benefits which includes a company performance related pay scheme, voluntary benefits and retail discounts, generous leave entitlement and a market-leading defined contribution pension scheme. Find out more here.
NATS have adopted agile working to provide greater flexibility and increased choice over working arrangements, with the opportunity for this role to work in our modern office facilities as well as remotely. We also welcome discussions on flexible and part-time working arrangements.
If you share our passion to advance aviation and keep the skies safe - we would like to hear from you whatever your age, sex, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, visible or invisible disability. Individuals that bring different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds help us be at the forefront of our industry.
More searches like this
- Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Technology, ICT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business Intelligence Technology, ICT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Science Technology, ICT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Machine Learning Technology, ICT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom