Audit Manager - Change
- Close Brothers
- London / Hybrid
- Competitive Base Salary + Benefits + Discretionary Bonus
- 24 Mar 2023
- 23 Apr 2023
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Financial Services, Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
Join Close Brothers Internal Audit Team where you will be responsible for delivering independent, objective assurance and consulting activity to the Audit Committee, Board and Management on the quality and effectiveness of the Group’s internal control, risk management and governance systems and processes relating to projects including business strategy transformation, commercial and regulatory projects, as well as program and project management.
As part of an expanding and high performing Group Internal Audit (GIA) team they will drive delivery of the audit plan and related activities in a timely manner to best practice standards, producing value-adding and high-quality internal audit services to help the organisation achieve its objectives.
- Perform change assurance activity over the Group's transformation portfolio management and key programs, attending key governance committees and steering committees.
- Manage the delivery of the strategy, transformation and change risk elements of the audit plan.
- Produce high quality analysis and input to the annual risk assessment process and related annual audit plan.
- Deliver quality risk-based, value adding audits and reviews on a timely basis in line with methodology:
- Lead selected audits, including planning, execution, and completion.
- Assist with co-ordination and execution on larger, complex or specialist audits.
- Manage relationships with business leaders and staff to a high quality.
- Draft high quality detailed, relevant, and accurate audit reports on the effectiveness of the bank's internal control environment.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- Experience of auditing regulatory, transformation and/or organisational change projects, ideally within Financial Services.
- Demonstrable experience of leading/supporting continuous monitoring and stakeholder management.
- Proven understanding of risk and controls principles.
- Ability to provide technical subject matter expertise during integrated operational audits.
- High level of motivation and ability to work in an organised manner under pressure.
- Ability to build strong relationships with auditees.
- Ability to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent, listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to influence and negotiate.
- Proven competence to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Higher education or equivalent industry experience within Change Audit and/or Project Management
- Years of Experience: minimum 2-3 years post qualified experience leading change audits and assurance in internal audit or risk function.
- Banking experience and relevant industry qualifications e.g., CIA, ACA
IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU:
- Ability to interact comfortably with senior management.
- Experience in the application of project management methodologies (Waterfall/ Agile) for the delivery of projects, programmes, and portfolios.
- Experience of managing projects within a financial institution.
- Knowledge of PRINCE2, PMP or equivalent programme and project management frameworks.
- Knowledge of business processes and controls within the financial services industry
We are an inclusive organisation and committed to ensuring our recruitment process is as accessible as possible to everyone. We will make adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format or would like to discuss the recruitment process with us, please email us or request a call back (details found via the 'Apply' button).
For roles offering hybrid working: At Close Brothers we support employees to balance their work life priorities and in this role you will be able to enjoy a mixture of hybrid working.
Close Brothers is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading. At Close Brothers we provide financial support and advice to small businesses and individuals in the UK. Our purpose is to help the people and businesses of Britain thrive over the long term.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business / Corporate Auditor Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Manager Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Change Management Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom