Lead Internal Auditor
- Oxford / Hybrid, GB
- Competitive + benefits
- 28 Apr 2023
- 28 May 2023
- Employer Sector
- Management & Executive, Not For Profit & Charities, Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We’re Nominet – a world-leading domain name registry. For over 25 years, we’ve been operating at the heart of internet infrastructure. While we're best known for running .UK domains, we also help protect public services from cyber threat.
Our aim is to create a world which is more connected, inclusive and secure. We know that technology has the power to transform lives by creating opportunities and providing support where it’s needed most.
As a public benefit company, our work funds the ability to make a positive impact on society. We’ve donated millions to projects that use technology to improve peoples’ lives and have committed to delivering £60m worth of support over the next three years.
We understand the impact the Internet has on the environment and are committed to helping the UK reach Net Zero by 2050. We’re already a Carbon Neutral company through offsetting our emissions and will continue to work on reducing our footprint.
About the role:
As a qualified internal audit professional, you will provide assurance on financial accuracy, internal controls and regulatory compliance.
You will be leading on the delivery of financial & governance internal audits ensuring that they comply with applicable standards, regulations, and guidance and that resulting reports are fair, impartial, and useful. This role will examine and report on Nominet’s financial, corporate governance and risk management practices.
The essential bits:
In this role you will…
- Perform the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Have the ability to determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting information and deliver statistical analysis using a variety of industry standard methodologies.
- Provide recommendations on risk aversion measures and cost savings.
About you and what you need to be successful:
- You’ll be a qualified internal auditor with expert financial record examination skills and experience of working in an internal or fraud audit environment.
- You’ll be an analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills and an effective interviewer and investigator.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a great work life balance with hybrid working; 20% of the time is expected in our office in Oxford. The role has real meaningful impact on national infrastructure delivered through our public benefit ethos. The work is technically challenging in a culture where everyone is inspired to do their best.
Pension match to 7%, performance related bonus scheme, private medical insurance, 30 days annual leave, reward portal, support to buy tech equipment tax free, holiday buy scheme, discounted shopping, on-site gym and shower facilities, Medi-cash (claiming cash back on things like optical, dental, inoculations and prescriptions), Employee Assistance Program, Dental Insurance, Health Assessments, Cycle2Work scheme, free- on site car parking, broad range of tools and resources to support your personal and professional development, Nominet Give Hub. We also have an active Social Committee.
Cybersecurity is a community effort. That’s why we’re committed to building an inclusive, diverse community that celebrates and welcomes everyone – unless they’re a cybercriminal, of course.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and we’d encourage you to join us whatever your background.
We consider everyone equally: your race, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, marital status, nationality, or any other protected characteristic won’t affect your application.
We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.
All roles working for Nominet will be subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. Some roles due to the nature of their work, will require additional security clearance.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with us.
More searches like this
- Assurance Technology, ICT & Telecoms £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business / Corporate Auditor Technology, ICT & Telecoms £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Senior Technology, ICT & Telecoms £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Technology, ICT & Telecoms £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom