Data & Analytics Programme Manager
Please note that this is a fixed term contract / secondment opportunity for a period of 12 months.
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options.
The Essex Centre for Data Analytics is a centre of excellence for ethical data analytics and research, championing and supporting the use and development of rigorous analytical approaches across Essex public services. The Programme Manager leads successful partner collaborations, seeking to break down cultural and organisational barriers in collecting, sharing and using data for social good.
Responsible for working collaboratively with other partners to influence and shape system wide transformation. Sharing data and analytics frameworks and best practice to enhance the capacity of the system to deliver robust and ethical analytics and data science projects to improve outcomes. Responsible for demonstrating the impact and difference made as a result and gathering evidence to show the value.
Inspiring innovation and identifying system wide business challenges with suitable data and analytics approaches will be important in this role to demonstrate ecda’s value. The role will collaborate with a diverse stakeholder community across multiple partners to evidence the impact of data-led approaches and partnership collaboration.
- Programme delivery
Proactively lead, plan, co-ordinate and manage the work programme, removing barriers to collaborative working. Championing cross functional working, cultural and systemic change to ensure the power of data and analytics is harnessed to its fullest extent.
Accountable for effective leadership and operational management of partnership projects and the Data Ethics Committee. Manage and maintain project delivery and assurance to ensure outputs demonstrate impact and link back to strategic priorities.
Translate business needs and strategic priorities of partners into sustainable solutions, ensuring stakeholders are actively informed and consulted in delivery of the partnership work programme to maximise the opportunities, interests, and assets.
Implement effective governance to oversee rigorous, ethical and legal approaches to delivery. Developing new business cases for investment, measuring outcomes, impact and difference as a result with tangible benefits.
Identify and share best practice examples, finding new opportunities for partnership working, including through external organisations such as businesses and universities, and through joint work with other Offices of Data and Analytics.
Acts as an ambassador, taking an active role in the development and dissemination of best practice, professional and technical standards, and by maintaining effective liaison and networks. Supporting the design and development of data products, making sure that these meet end user requirements.
- Change management
Design, deliver and evaluate interventions which break down barriers to partnership working, improve data sharing, increase data literacy and demonstrate the value of data and analytics to secure future investment.
Bring people and organisations together, identifying gaps and opportunities collaboratively, sharing best practice to build capacity and capability across our data ecosystem to drive system transformation.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Educated to RQF level 6 (Bachelor’s degree) or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in a relevant area (eg data science, predictive analytics, data integration solutions).
- Experience of working within a data rich, complex operating environment of scale; instilling and distilling common processes and standards about analytics and data science. Broad understanding and awareness of modern data science and artificial intelligence techniques and their appropriate application, with focus on achieving tangible outcomes.
- A naturally inquisitive and innovative change thought leader with the ability to take complex and ambiguous concepts and transform them into practical and impactful change solutions.
- Programme management experience that includes evidence of effective project and resource management within required timescales. Experience in managing business transformation and change programmes, with the ability to develop business cases, identify risks and create appropriate mitigation plans.
- Experience of creating and proactively leading change initiatives in a complex and multi-disciplinary environment with excellent communication skills with an ability to influence and motivate people and inspire senior stakeholders
To read more about us please click APPLY
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career.
Click Apply to read more.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
More searches like this
- Other Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Change Management Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business Intelligence Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom