Internal Audit Supervisor
As part of our Global Assurance team, Candidate will be responsible for managing and performing both domestic and international assignments on a wide range of areas within the organization. Scope of projects will comprise both operational and financial audits, including SOx testing. The projects will be performed as per the Group audit methodology and in conformance with the professional internal audit standards published by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
1) To directly manage multiple multinational audit teams, work on various assignments across Europe.
2) To lead and participate in operational and financial audits as per the audit plan including the following elements;
- Planning the audit.
- Development of audit programs addressing all areas of concern.
- Assessing the controls environment.
- Testing the control environment.
- Testing effectiveness of internal controls.
- Supporting and supervising junior staff.
- Ensuring that the specified audit objectives are met.
3) To identify and recommend process improvements in internal control framework and value addition opportunities.
4) To create assignment reports as per the group format, summarizing findings and providing suggestions for remediation in particular areas.
5) To liaise with individuals from a variety of disciplines within the company and it's subsidiaries.
6) Developing relationships and maintaining the internal perception of audit as a strategic partner.
7) To participate in the periodic follow up of audit recommendations.
8) To apply data analytical procedures in performed assignments.
9) Lead and support process and activities related to Sarbanes-Oxley act requirements.
10) To contribute in ad-hoc assignments where required.
1) Education: University degree in Accountancy / Economics / Business Administration / Engineering / Computer Science / Law.
- 10+ years of extensive experience within one of the following areas: Internal Audit, External Audit, SOx, Internal Controls, Risk Management or similar.
- Up to 4 years of experience can be compensated by experience in accountancy and finance.
- Good understanding of ERP (SAP) environments.
- English (Fluent)
- Plus one other language related to the locations of the role.
4) Role Desirables:
- Understanding of industry processes and concept of controls.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of SAP.
- Data Analytics experience.
5) Other skills and attributes:
- Professional qualifications (ACCA / Chartered Accountant, CIA, CISA, CFE) or other professional qualifications may be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of finance, accounting principles and/or business processes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work both in team and individually.
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization, including the ability to discuss difficult issues with management.
Working structure is hybrid and flexible.