Associate Director of Finance
Overseas Trust and Pensions (OTAP) is a growth company and a leading independent provider of pension and trust services. OTAP offers market-leading products that are tailored to the market into which they are promoted. Our products are widely regarded as the best in the market by the IFA communities who use them to meet their clients’ diverse pension requirements. We continue to invest in developing technology to improve customer service and to increase efficiency. As such, OTAP is a progressive, nimble business with offices in Guernsey, London and South Africa and a passion to serve our clients in meeting their trust and pension needs.
The Associate Director of Finance is required to drive efficiency, monitor workflows throughout the finance section and support and advise all sections of the business on financial matters. The role will also include: team management, developing process and procedures, implementing improvements, tax compliance, advising the business on accounting best practice, statutory requirements and accounting deadlines for individual and corporate pension schemes.
The role reports to the Finance Director.
The post holder is required to:
- To provide exemplary levels of professional accountancy skills to ensure the timely provision of high-quality accounting, reporting and administration which support both external clients and internal OTAP personnel.
- Lead the accounting function for a range of pension product clients including RATS, and Corporate pension schemes
- Remain abreast of changes in tax and financial reporting legislation and statutory requirements.
- Prepare and review statutory financial accounts and statements to the highest standard, in line with established best practice and which conform to all legal and professional requirements and guidelines.
- Manage the process for the audit of the statutory annual accounts for client structures – liaising with auditors as required, to ensure that:
- all appropriate IFRS or GAAP requirements are fully satisfied;
- all other auditing requirements are met;
- the audit exercise is successfully completed within the period allowed by regulation.
- Assist and liaise with auditors for the preparation of annual statutory business accounts.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports and statements as requested by Directors.
- Complete tax returns for structures for the UK and other jurisdictions within the regulatory deadlines, whilst maintaining high standards of both accuracy and presentation.
- Oversee the monthly unit and cash reconciliation prepared by the Corporate team.
- Review of monthly management accounts and prepare variance analysis to budget, providing a summary to the executive team on monthly basis.
- Contribute to the Finance report for quarterly board meetings.
- Guide, support and train a team of Finance Officers who cover financial administration from petty cash and bookkeeping to preparation of accounts.
- Conduct probation and performance management meetings in accordance with company procedure.
- Recruitment of Finance staff, monitor staff attendance, timekeeping and other areas of staff management and report to HR.
- Encourage and drive the personal development of yourself and the team.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to colleagues.
- Act as a signatory for the business and apply a questioning mind to all aspects of this responsibility.
- Attend and contribute at Management Meetings.
- Build excellent working relationships with clients and business partners.
- Complete any other duties as and when required to drive business success.
- Adopt and reflect OTAPs values.
- A professional accountancy qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or ACA (or equivalent).
- A working knowledge of FRS 102
- A logical approach to assessing productivity and implementing solutions.
- Experience of or an understanding of, HMRC tax reporting and annual filing would be beneficial.
- Excellent organisational skills; prioritising, achieving deadlines and driving business efficiency.
- Financial modelling and reporting analysis.
- Experience in managing people.
- Strong interpersonal skills; with a drive to lead and motivate a successful team.
- A proven ability to communicate at all levels, both in writing and verbally.
- Able to form relationships and influence decisions at all levels of the business.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of key business drivers and how to manage against them.
Key Business Partners
- External accountants/auditors/advisors
- Team members
More searches like this
- Advisory Insurance £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Europe
- Compliance Insurance £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Europe
- Internal Audit Head of Department Insurance £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Europe
- Internal Audit Director Insurance £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Europe
- Regulation Insurance £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Europe