Audit Senior Manager - Corporate
More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Why Audit at Grant Thornton
You already know what an Audit Senior Manager does, so we want to tell you what it’s like to work within Audit at Grant Thornton, and what can we offer you that others don’t.
Our UK audit practice is built of over 2300 people working across 24 locations, led by Fiona Baldwin and supported by 50 audit partners. We’re really proud of the strong position our audit practice is in from a wellbeing, resource and quality perspective, the latter of which is shown through our recent positive AQR results.
Our size and culture allow us to give you more opportunities within your career. You will have more responsibility for client outputs, and more variety in the work you take on and the clients you work with. You can develop your career in a way that works for you, and the firm, and we’ll support you with development programmes and opportunities along the way.
We’re keen to support and hire those who have had career breaks or time away from Audit in industry roles, who would like to return to a busy, flexible auditing role. Our vacancies for qualified Auditors are all open to supporting the up-skilling and re-integration of returners to our business.
A look into the role
As a Senior Audit Manager within our London Commercial Audit team, you will:
- Be responsible for a large portfolio of key clients across a range of sectors including : technology, media and telecoms, professional services, real estate, not-for- profit (museums, education, arts/music institutions) and the consumer sector (retail, food & beverage). The size of clients varies greatly from owner managed businesses and LLP's through to some well-known listed high street brands, but no matter their size, you'll get to the heart of how they work and the challenges they face.
- Solve complex technical matters for our clients, and project manage client work
- Oversee and develop your team to the highest standard
- Build and maintain strong working relationship with your team and our clients
- Take opportunities for wider department responsibilities through training and pitching new projects
Knowing you’re right for us
The minimum criteria you’ll need are a professional qualification (ACA, ICAS, CA, ACCA or CIPFA) with post qualification experience, and to be confident managing a large portfolio of audit clients. It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Experience of managing audits of large companies in addition to dealing with complex technical matters
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102
- Project management experience
- Experience of IFRS and auditing listed companies would be beneficial
- Extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages
Life is about more than work
The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, whether that’s reduced or condensed hours, job shares, we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance. Everyone in the firm is encouraged to work in a hybrid way, want to go for a run at 3pm, or collect children from school? That’s fine with us if it fits with your client work. Our framework for how we work underpins our approach, giving us all the confidence to make decisions that work for us, and our teams.
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Assurance Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Senior Manager Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom