Financial Accounting and Controls Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for an accounting professional to join us as a Financial Accounting and Controls Manager, reporting into the Head of Finance.
As Financial Accounting and Controls Manager you will be responsible for managing our internal finance controls to ensure compliance and best practice. In addition to reviewing and managing existing control processes you will also be responsible for applying a continuous improvement thought process to all our ways of working alongside the wider finance team.
This role will also be responsible for preparing our statutory accounts as well as managing the internal and external audit processes. You will work with colleagues within Finance and wider stakeholders to ensure ongoing compliance that is responsive to changes in business needs.
To be successful in this role you will bring a strong foundation and technical skills in accounting and controls. We welcome applicants with either in-house or audit firm experience.
You can find the full Role Profile at the bottom of the advert on our website.
What's in it for me?
- Be responsible for managing and driving continuous improvement within internal finance controls
- Work in a supportive and collaborative team.
- We offer a generous pension scheme with up to 19% total pension contribution; an extra 3% of your annual salary on successful completion of probation and more.
We are looking for
- Fully or part qualified Accountant - CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Experience of developing, monitoring and evaluating internal controls
- Experience of preparing statutory accounts and liaising with external and internal auditors
- Technically strong, up to date with latest developments and requirements, and applies relevant accounting policies
- Advanced excel skills
- Champion for continuous improvement
Useful and additional information
This is a hybrid role working from home and either our Cardiff or Birmingham office. Hybrid for us means working 1-2 days in the office a week, and rest of the week from home. If you are based in Cardiff, you may be asked to attend the Birmingham head office occasionally.
If you have any questions that are not answered in the advert or on our website, you can contact us via: .
Please click 'apply' to complete the online application form and upload a CV and cover letter, addressing how you meet the requirements of the role.
To find out more about the recruitment and selection process and how to make the most of your application, please visit our jobs pages.
Closing date for applications is 5 June at 09:00.