Compliance Business Partner
To partner with the business to deliver accurate and effective compliance advice ensuring that company processes and procedures are compliant. To support the development and maintenance of appropriate controls and measures which ensure adherence to the Lowell Risk Framework and supports all regulatory obligations in addition to having an effective 2nd Line of Defence Compliance function.
Compliance Business Partner
Hybrid working from LS10 1AB
Experience in compliance related roles 3 years min
Roles and responsibilities:
- To work closely in partnership with business functions to identify and mitigate regulatory and conduct risk and escalate issues as appropriate to the department Head in a timely manner;
- Provide a professional and pragmatic advisory service to business areas on regulatory and compliance matters, whilst mindful of the firm's regulatory obligations;
- Generate recommendations which improve business processes and are approved by operational management and other areas of the business including portfolio related processes;
- Maintain all team spreadsheets, portfolio trackers, files and regulatory interactions log with related communications ensuring sensitive information is securely held;
- Provide support to ensure all SM&CR submissions and records are submitted and maintained;
- Collate relevant information for the timely and accurate submissions to the regulator, highlighting any anomalies with relevant key stakeholders whilst ensuring approval and record keeping requirements;
- Conduct horizon scanning to ensure that the business is kept fully briefed on developments associated with regulatory, industry and consumer developments;
- Working with department Head to ensure key regulatory/industry developments are issued on a regular basis ensuring full record keeping requirements;
- Perform summary and in-depth gap analysis to identify any gaps and work with key stakeholders to progress implementation in a timely manner, providing reporting as and when necessary;
- Escalate any risks relating to the timely progress of the implementation of regulatory changes to department Head and key stakeholders;
- Act as SME on all regulatory/industry changes etc and be able to act as contact point for the business;
- Maintaining and able to evidence continued individual regulatory knowledge;
- Review and input into letters, policies, procedures and training to ensure regulatory and customer focus is present;
- Completing any ad-hoc tasks directed by department Head and key stakeholders;
- Support the development of governance, risk and compliance awareness;
- Provide relevant data to department Head for submission to internal governance, reports, MI etc for internal, external bodies and clients as directed;
- To interface with all internal functions and business heads to build effective business relationships and facilitate an open relationship in seeking continual assurance regarding compliance of the business;
- To be actively involved in Project and Incident meetings to help drive the agreed objectives/resolution/remediation forward whilst escalating any issues and meeting internal SLAs for regulatory assessments;
- Ensure all team policies, procedures, structures, records and spreadsheets are maintained including significant documents and regulatory interactions;
- Attend all portfolio related meetings including due diligence whilst collaborating with key stakeholders within client services, clients and operational colleagues;
- Meeting all individual COCON conduct rules and lead the promotion of a positive compliance culture;
- Work collaboratively across all three lines of defence.
Knowledge, Skills & experience:
- Experience in compliance related roles 3 years min - essential
- Compliance advisory experience - essential
- Significant knowledge of FCA related rules and obligations and ability to demonstrate - essential
- Worked in retail financial services - essential
- Educated to Higher/A-level, diploma level or equivalent - essential
- Knowledge of unsecured debt - desirable
- Experience of AML and financial crime processes - desirable
- Experience of regulatory reporting - desirable
- Professional qualifications such as IRM, Diploma in Compliance - desirable
How we say thank you?
An exciting career is much more than just a salary. We also understand that everyone, regardless of culture, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, or disability status, can contribute to our goal to make credit work better for all. Our strength is in our people. So, at Lowell we have a range of benefits that include:
- A discretionary annual bonus for a job well done.
- Life assurance, Private Medical Assurance & Group income protection.
- 3% flexible benefits; pick additional benefits or take as cash each month. Whether this is extra holiday or dental cover there will be something for you.
- A fantastic culture with more little perks along the way including flexible working, family leave and recognition awards.
- Wellbeing support
- 28 day holiday + bank holidays
Take the next step and apply
More searches like this
- Advisory Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Investigations Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom