Head of Audit (Retained position for an award-winning and globally famous tech/online business)
I have been retained to recruit the Head of Audit, and to build the Internal Audit (and Risk) team of an award-winning, globally famous online technology business, from scratch. I’m sure you’ll be aware of them as company, and probably have used their product/service, given their ubiquitous place in the market.
Their HQ is in London, but given their footprint, they have stated that their Head of Audit can be based wherever they choose where they have a 'head office' - London, Edinburgh, Dublin, Copenhagen, New York - your choice! The role is role is truly flexible, but the senior leadership team (SLT), which this role fits into tend to do 1/2 days a week in the office. As the leader of the function, you will decide the plan, but we expect the travel will be very balanced at around 20%, if that.
On arrival, the role would be a Head of Internal Audit, reporting directly to the CFO and Audit Committee (AC) Chair and the purpose of this position is to provide assurance to the Senior Management and the Board by delivering the internal audit plan, and recruitment of your team of auditors - part 2 of this project (once we will this role) will be to support you with that.
As part of this journey, in the role, you will:
- Develop and deliver the IA plan,
- Ensure the controls properly mitigate the risks,
- Ensure that audit and assurance and follow-up work is completed in accordance with the SLT and AC.
- Recruit and manage a small team of internal auditors (and possibly risk professionals).
- Work with the Head of Risk to ensure that stakeholders are properly managing and mitigating the risks identified.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of professional and technical developments in relation to risk management, internal control and governance, the company’s objectives, risks, and KPIs.
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation, and Regulations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels throughout the company.
- Prepare and present to the SLT and Senior Management, plans for implementing your strategy and in-year progress reports.
- Maximize performance delivery and development, encouraging collaboration and empowerment.
- Communicate well, to enable effective engagement and understanding.
This role would be ideal for a Deputy Head of Audit from a large business (a No 2), looking for their first No 1 role); or an established Head of Audit in a smaller business, looking for their next challenge.
The successful candidate is likely to have a relevant degree, be accountancy qualified and have some progressive (senior management and leadership) experience working in internal/external audit. You don't have to come directly from a tech firm, thought that would be a significant advantage. Our client is very open minded on who they employ, and so are we! Most importantly, you will have a great personality and work style to thrive in a tech-based, modern and forward-thinking environment.
Would you like to hear more?
Hanami International Ltd are committed to protecting your Data. By submitting your information, you confirm that you have read and understood our Privacy Notice which outlines how we use information we collect about you. (Our Privacy Notice can be found at www.hanamiinternational.com/privacy-notice). Feel free to visit this for more information about how we collect and process personal data.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Technology, ICT & Telecoms £150,000 or more jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Head of Department Technology, ICT & Telecoms £150,000 or more jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Director Technology, ICT & Telecoms £150,000 or more jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Senior Manager Technology, ICT & Telecoms £150,000 or more jobs in United Kingdom