Group Internal Audit Manager
Our client is a highly acquisitive diversified retail, property, hotel and investment Group, headquartered in London, with subsidiaries and operations overseas across the UK, North America, mainland Europe and Asia. The Group employs over 10,000 people and is an instantly recognised and well-respected brand.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, who in turn reports directly to the Board, the main responsibility of this role is to lead and manage the Group Internal Audit (IA) plan, delivering independent and objective assurance that is guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of the Group and providing assurance to the Board.
In addition, the Internal Audit Manager is a key resource within the wider finance, governance and controls leadership team and plays an important advisory role in many projects and initiates in the ever-changing business. A flexible attitude and a desire to meet and exceed business needs whilst maintaining independence is critical.
This role will be based in their Central London office (2/3 days per week, the rest from home), with very low travel (c. 5%)
- Manage a portfolio of audits, ensuring that assignments are well planned, cover key risk areas and are delivered in a timely manner. Communicate clearly with stakeholders throughout the audit so there are no surprises.
- Develop proportionate and practical actions that address root causes, agree with auditees and follow up through to action implementation.
- Preparing high quality and insightful audit reporting. Regularly report on audit action completion and risk mitigations.
- Understand systems and potential data sources to support audit and risk work. Be able to analyse data and identify key themes and trends. Leverage data analytics for audit fieldwork or monitoring, where appropriate and efficient.
- Support with the identification and assessment of key risks and development of mitigation plans.
- Develop and document knowledge and understanding of key processes, controls and risks. Identify areas for improvement and efficiency as well as areas of non-compliance with internal policies or regulations.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Significant professional experience in public accounting or internal audit, preferably with a large global company, or a mix of the two. Experience in similarly complex industries (retail, FMCG, etc.) would be highly advantageous. A chartered accountancy or IA qualification (ACA, CA, CPA, ACCA, CIA, and/or CISA certification). Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to interact with all levels of management and the Board. Experience in leading and developing staff in executing a variety of audits and evaluating performance. Strong project management and focused on process improvement and innovation.
Hanami International Ltd are committed to protecting your Data. By submitting your information, you confirm that you have read and understood our Privacy Notice which outlines how we use information we collect about you. (Our Privacy Notice can be found at www.hanamiinternational.com/privacy-notice). Feel free to visit this for more information about how we collect and process personal data.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Travel & Hospitality £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Auditor Travel & Hospitality £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Senior Travel & Hospitality £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Manager Travel & Hospitality £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom