Compliance Officer (Fixed Term Contract)
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company* (ARRC) has been exclusively mandated by our client, a global insurance business, in their search for a Compliance Officer to join their Governance team on a 12 month fixed term basis to cover maternity leave, ideally starting in May/June.
The business offers a large portfolio of innovative products, targeted directly towards corporate, legal and financial organizations in a business-to-business environment.
The role sits within one of their subsidiaries, a leading insurer of risks involving title and related areas of property and property finance. And they are currently seeking a Compliance Officer
The role offers variety, ownership and the opportunity to get involved in key projects and initiatives across the business.
The role reports to the Chief Governance Officer, and carries the responsibility of ensuring that the company complies with existing regulations and internal policy as well as ensuring that all new regulatory developments and requirements are incorporated into the company’s policy and procedures across the UK.
- You will manage regulatory submissions and provide Compliance training, technical guidance, support and tailored feedback on regulatory issues relevant to the business.
- You will monitor new regulatory developments and legislation that affect the business and operation of the company
- You will facilitate the identification and implementation of procedures, controls and changes to ensure compliance requirements are adhered to
- You will provide advice and support to the business on a range of issues including regulatory supervision, financial, operational and other regulatory implications of new business proposals and on FCA & PRA regulations, DPA/GDPR, Senior Managers and Certification Regime and the Consumer Duty.
- You will understand and implement oversight and audit requirements with particular emphasis on appointed representatives and outsourcing.
- Solid working knowledge of UK compliance and regulatory laws plus knowledge of the FCA and PRA handbooks with particular emphasis on the Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
- 5 years+ Compliance related experience
- You will ideally have an insurance background including experience of the IDD and possess a relevant qualification for the role
- As you will be liaising with all levels of staff you must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, combined with a flair for relationship building
- The ability to grasp complex issues and be effective and confident in communicating complex messages, both in writing and verbally is essential for this role
- Understand how to work autonomously and able to work on your own initiative, as well as functioning effectively in a team environment
- Self-motivated, pragmatic and principled, and possess a flexible approach to working
*The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk.
More searches like this
- Advisory Insurance £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance Insurance £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Insurance £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Insurance £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Insurance £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom