Senior Internal Auditor
- We are KIND
- We are OPEN
- We pursue EXCELLENCE
We are looking for applications from people who share our values to help make us a valued and trusted partner within our care system, that delivers safe effective care to our local population.
People for Patients. Our People, our Patients, our Priority.
We are excited to offer an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual with the relevant experience and knowledge, to join us as a Senior Internal Auditor. In this challenging and varied role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of an organisation that values its team members, is committed to sustainable and ethical business practices and provides an award-winning assurance and continuous improvement service to NHS clients.
We are looking for talented individuals with strong communication skills, the ability to deliver quality services to our clients and who are comfortable working on their own initiative but also as part of a wider team.
You will be joining an award winning, innovative, and inclusive team that encourages listening, understanding and respect and are passionate about providing quality services to the NHS.
- Remote working (with visits to client sites as required) NB. Your base will either be York or Wakefield
- Excellent, flexible working conditions
- Additional benefits (e.g. generous annual leave; pension scheme; and NHS discounts)
- Complex, varied, and meaningful assignments
- Continuous professional development
- Long-term career opportunity
- A friendly and supportive working environment
Audit Yorkshire is an NHS shared services consortium with a reputation for providing high quality and innovative assurance, advisory and continuous improvement services to primarily NHS clients.
Main duties of the job
We have extensive knowledge and experience of a variety of NHS organisations and use this extensive experience to provide an innovative and cost-effective service to clients that is adaptive to the many challenges and changes they face. We aim to be a catalyst for a good corporate governance culture
As a Senior Internal Auditor you will take responsibility, with support from managers, for planning, managing, and undertaking a range of audits reviews.
Your success in this role will be determined by your ability to:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the client stakeholders to enhance Audit Yorkshire’s brand and the quality of the service we provide.
- Prioritise and manage your own workload to deliver high quality audits to budget and by demonstrating flexibility in project completion.
- Supervise the completion of work by other members of the team, including undertaking audit reviews to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Supervise, train, and proactively develop junior team members
Working for our organisation
We value independence with integrity, customer satisfaction and excellence. These values support our mission to enhance and protect the organisational value of our clients, by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight.
Corporate social responsibility is important to Audit Yorkshire and we are committed to ensuring we have both ethical and sustainable business practises. We encourage our team members to be actively involved in CSR projects and offer dedicated time for this. Our Corporate Social Responsibility statement and further information can be found via the 'Apply' button.
As we are hosted by York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, we can offer a range of benefits, including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages via the 'Apply' button.
A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description.
For more information and to submit your application, please click the 'Apply' button.
Closing date: 11/06/2023, 23:59
Interview date: 20/06/2023
Please note that contact with applicants will usually be by email, and so please check all of your mail folders regularly (unfortunately some providers filter our messages into junk mail folders).