- PwC Channel Islands
- Saint Helier & Saint Peter Port
- Competitive + benefits
- 31 May 2023
- 30 Jun 2023
- Job Type
- Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Other
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Business & Management Consultancy, Financial Services, Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
A career in Resourcing and Deployment, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to work in cross line of service staffing helping our network be even more agile in the ever evolving markets we work with, providing the right people on the right projects at the right time. You’ll focus on ensuring that resources of suitable skills and calibre are available for tasks and activities as required as well as managing the education, planning, and skills enhancement associated with resources.
Our team helps PwC align our Human Resources programmes with our business objectives. You’ll focus on building strategic models to predict supply and demand for skills in order to develop and implement plans that close any gaps with our strategic vision.
The Data Steward role is an integral part of the Master Data Management (MDM) ecosystem. Managing and maintaining the quality of the master data for all clients and engagements is pivotal to the functioning of our business.
With technology advancing quickly, and a significant change expected in how we manage our data (e.g. increasing automation and technology usage; and migrating to more advanced data management systems), it’s important that we have a dedicated and skilled team focusing on this.
In your role as a Data Steward, you’ll be at the forefront: helping our internal teams to effectively and efficiently manage the data and use technology to facilitate operational excellence.
The role involves responsibilities in four main areas as part of an overall function:
- Establishing processes to ensure accurate and consistent data management - focusing on relevancy of data elements and attributes, transforming data, preserving data, increasing the value through combining with other information, and protecting the data.
- Data lifecycle management Manage data collection, data enrichment and systems entries in accordance with the quality and data governance standards
- Ownership model: consumption from and contribution to MDM
- Responsible for maintaining data quality, manage the consumption of global MDM data, manage the contribution to global data and manage territory-owned data in the global MDM, data lifecycle, manage notifications of potential changes from less trusted sources, support global MDM data disputes and resolutions with respect to the territory ownership
- Data quality and data standards
- Maintaining data quality standards with the assistance of Global MDM with regular reporting - completeness, correctness, compliance, controlled vocabulary, global definitions, record inclusion.
- Report into the Data Owner to keep them updated on your progress, ask for support where needed and share learnings
- Work with the Technology & Innovation team to leverage technical skill sets and use the latest relevant technology available to the business to fulfil responsibilities
- Access to specific training for technology skills - both through self-guided platforms, and external courses
- Business Profile - Establishes credibility by having a strong understanding of business requirements and effective working style.
- Intellectual agility - Deals with complexity, innovates and gets to the heart of issues
- Capacity to develop - Adaptable, learns fast and thrives on challenge
- Drive and resilience - Persistent, tenacious and bounces back quickly from set-backs
- Teamwork - Work effectively with teams and consistently bringing the best out of others in all situations
- Risk & quality - Understands technology and data protection risks and develops quality solutions
Eligibility to work in CI
Due to licence restrictions, we are ideally looking for an individual who is entitled to work in CI.
More searches like this
- Other Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Analytics Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Data Analytics Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Business Intelligence Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)