Independence Senior Associate
A career within Risk and Compliance services, will provide you the opportunity to work with a team that provides clients with extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector specific experience. You’ll have the opportunity to develop a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency by assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls.
“We believe that challenges are better solved together. That's why you'll join a diverse, global community of solvers - an unexpected mix of people that come together to build trust in society and solve important problems. In a place where you are encouraged to lead with your heart and values. And where your unique skills are developed and put to work in unexpected and exciting ways, superpowered by technology”
PricewaterhouseCoopers CI LLP (PwC CI) has an excellent opportunity available for a Senior Associate to complement our diverse and exciting Independence team in either the Jersey or Guernsey office.
Public confidence in the financial information presented by our clients is vitally important. Our firm’s independence is crucial to our brand and is of the utmost importance to our clients.
The Independence team plays a critical role in ensuring that employees and the firm remain independent of our clients in accordance with applicable independence standards, and fulfilling the Firm’s reporting obligations to the wider PwC network.
We do this by the following:
- carrying out monitoring with the Firms’ independence policies and procedures;
- ensuring we keep independence policies and procedures up to date;
- providing training to employees;
- maintaining and providing input to client deliverables and templates;
- issuing a number of reports/communications to staff and the Leadership team.
Outside of day-to-day roles and responsibilities, the Firm has a great community and social programme. We pride ourselves on our community affair activities which over the recent years have included various fundraising days and volunteering support for local charities. All our staff are actively encouraged to participate and are given the time to do so.
As a Senior Associate within our Independence team you will have a varied and interesting role, supporting the Managers and Directors within the team and the Partner responsible for Independence with the following:
- Reviewing and, where required, updating internal independence policies, client deliverables and templates. Maintaining a log of updates required and any amendments made.
- Monitoring network independence communications and assisting with implementing actions or changes that may be relevant with respect to independence.
- Assisting with internal communications and training on independence related matters.
- Maintaining and updating the firm’s independence intranet site on a regular basis so that all staff are kept up to date and informed.
- Attending independence team meetings, taking minutes and ensuring any actions are followed up on a timely basis.
- Dealing with and responding to ad-hoc independence queries from the business.
- Sample testing individuals and engagements to ensure compliance with the Firm’s independence policies and procedures.
- Liaising with the UK Firm, our Risk and Quality team, engagement teams and/or staff in relation to independence monitoring and testing.
- Documenting the results of all testing and monitoring completed, as well as any findings.
- Preparing regular reports to the Partners and the Risk and Quality Committee.
- Working on other ad-hoc independence projects as and where required.
- Knowledge and understanding of personal, firmwide and Regulator independence requirements would be advantageous.
- Ability to understand and interpret rules and implement the requirements in practice.
- Self-motivated and proactive with good organisational and prioritisation skills to ensure all allocated tasks are diarised, followed up and completed in a timely manner.
- Proven track record in strong, clear and concise communication skills (written and oral) including: report writing and ability to deliver presentations.
- Ability to engage with all levels of staff. The ability to challenge and debate.
- Methodical working manner - an eye for detail is essential.
- Ability to multi-task and adaptable to some changes in allocated roles and responsibilities when required.
- A keen interest in technology.
- A thirst for knowledge and the willingness to learn new skills and take on new challenges.
More searches like this
- Compliance Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Risk Analysis Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Other Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Internal Controls Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Regulation Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)