Are you ready for a new and exciting challenge? Would you like to work as an Internal Auditor in a unique and vibrant community in a stunning natural environment? If so, come and join our friendly team of experienced professionals in the beautiful Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic.
The Internal Auditor is expected to support the Chief Internal Auditor in the delivery of the audit plan for the Government by performing risk-based audits across the broad range of services and provide assurance to key stakeholders. There will also be a need to conduct ad hoc reviews and investigations as required.
As the successful candidate you will have the following attributes:
- A recognised internal audit or accounting qualification (e.g. CertIA, CIA or CCAB), part qualified candidates will be considered.
- 5 years internal audit experience
- Good, confident interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage, plan and deliver own work, ensuring that changing short, medium and long-term demands and deadlines are met.
- Experience of working within the public sector would be an advantage, as would knowledge of IT auditing and / or Computer Audit Assisted Techniques.
- Fixed Term Contract up to 4 years.
- Starting Salary - £33,435 to £38,548 per annum (depending on qualifications and experience) however up to £44,234 may be available for an exceptional candidate.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity (taxable), paid upon successful completion of the contract. 41 days paid leave, 30 days paid annual leave plus 11 government and public holidays.
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and any recognised dependents residing with you at post both at the beginning and end of contract, along with additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract.
- Government Housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- Favourable income tax rates. Personal Allowance: £15,960 pa (NB: The first £12,000 of chargeable income is taxed at the rate of 21%, with the remainder being taxed at 26%).
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
How to Apply
For further information regarding the position please contact Tracey Prior, Financial Secretary by calling (+500) 28400.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button and complete the form before the closing date.
Timetable for Recruitment and Selection Process
- Closing Date for Applications – 09 July 2023 at 20:00 GMT
- Shortlisting commencing – w/c 10 July 2023
- Interviews commencing – w/c 17 July 2023
Falkland Islands Government (FIG)
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with full internal self-government.
As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, we offer many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Our responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service, FIGAS.
For more information about working for Falkland Islands Government, take a look at our recruitment microsite via the 'Apply' button.
The Falkland Islands
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams!
The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore.
For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.